the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

I'm supposed to be switched over tomorrow - I won't have time to report back much, but if anything interesting or important happens, I'll try to post here. 

If it's the other E site you'll be signing up for, make sure the first thing you do is opt out of offsite ads. Or, at least consider whether or not it's something you want to keep opted in to. 

They automatically have members opted in, and it will slug you an additional 15% FVF on total paid by the buyer (including postage and any taxes that apply if they are international) if they found you through an offsite ad and purchased anything from your store within 30 days. They also don't let sellers opt out - ever -  if they turnover USD$10k or more in any 12 month period, but they graciously discount the fee to 12% in that case. Smiley Indifferent 

Message 231 of 699
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I'm supposed to be switched over tomorrow - I won't have time to report back much, but if anything interesting or important happens, I'll try to post here. 

If it's the other E site you'll be signing up for, make sure the first thing you do is opt out of offsite ads. Or, at least consider whether or not it's something you want to keep opted in to. 

They automatically have members opted in, and it will slug you an additional 15% FVF on total paid by the buyer (including postage and any taxes that apply if they are international) if they found you through an offsite ad and purchased anything from your store within 30 days. They also don't let sellers opt out - ever -  if they turnover USD$10k or more in any 12 month period, but they graciously discount the fee to 12% in that case. Smiley Indifferent 

Oooh, thanks for the tip ... I don't think I need/want those, so I will opt out.

Good luck with your change over, I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Message 232 of 699
Latest reply

According to ebay managed payment manager -    here was the reply I got 2 days ago: 

We will message you via email about 48 hours before your account goes live with eBay Managed Payments. We will start going live from the 20th July 2020.

so far I have not receive any email yet -  
Message 233 of 699
Latest reply

I didn't bother signing up but I thought the cut off date was 20th anyway. Now someone wants me to do a special listing but it's not showing, which makes me wonder whether you can still list but the listings aren't visible.
Message 234 of 699
Latest reply

I have no idea what to make of the whole situation, so I signed up anyways.  Time will tell if I did the right thing

Message 235 of 699
Latest reply

I just completed a listing with no issues on an account which I have not completed signing up on. I don't think there will be any issues for sometime as long as they get enough signed up in the beginning. 

I have been through all the major changes over the years and to be honest I can't say any have had long term selling issues. 

Message 236 of 699
Latest reply

So far I am having trouble with verifying my bank details, I did the screenshot they asked for, not good enough.

Spent 5 minutes scratching out amounts on a printed copy.

Ebay wanted me to sign in to my bank through a third party, like that was going to happen!

If this latest printout isn't good enough I am screwed.

Jen

Message 237 of 699
Latest reply

i found the sign up to be easy and did not take long. How did you do the photo of the bank statement. I took a photo of mine then used Windows Paint program to block the transactiions before uploading it with no issues. 

Message 238 of 699
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Just got an email with the subject line "Your account will be activated for managed payments from 29th July"

Then in the body of the email it says "Your account will be activated for managed payments from 3rd August 2020. We will notify you 2 business days in advance of your specific activation date."

Consistently inconsistent, as always. Smiley LOL

Message 239 of 699
Latest reply

I have this morning received another email imploring me to register for MP so that I may be switched over "late July".

I shall continue to wait and see 🙂

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 240 of 699
Latest reply