Aust Post Increase in Prices

Thanks to jlb225oz for sending me this link

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-changes.html

I have also seen a printout that announces new prepaid satchels as of Monday March 5th. These replace the current red/white prepaid bags and are dearer BUT they do include tracking AND there is a 3kg-5kg bag. I really would like a 500gm -1kg, but no one in Aust Post listens to me.

Message 1 of 101
Latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Aust Post Increase in Prices

I spoke to ebay about the postage calculator not covering the increase for the C&S satchels over a week ago and they said "it would eventually catch up to the whole increase amount"!! still waiting......;-)

Message 71 of 101
Latest reply

Anyone waiting for Ebay to help or assist. Good luck. Ebay own Paypal . The higher the payment including postage the more they make. They love it. Anyway if your like me your not long for this world anyway, when it comes to trading on Ebay. You cant sell small profit items on Ebay anymore and survive. Just a fact. Good Night.

Message 72 of 101
Latest reply

P.S one seller selling ebay satchels is getting floods of negs about the price increases, funny that.

:^O

I just love it, at least we can make a statement in some way!

We are not going to use Aus Post or Satchels anymore, it's Chinese Post for us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if eBay paid Sellers for sharing their expertise, currently eBay only pays a company to run their forums.
Message 73 of 101
Latest reply

glenneluard
Community Member

Ideologically driven price rises IMO. While we support governments that believe in NOT taxing the wealthy and the complementary notion of a User Pay society, we can only expect more and endless prices rises from government, as we see in markets generaelly. Think about it, in the future we'll be paying multipuls of what we pay now; our grandkids will be baffled by how much a dollar brought today. We'll have to bring in $5 and $10 dollar coins soons lol. And the only way that rapid, greed driven inflation can be reversed is economic collapse; not just crisis, capitalism is perpetual crisis, but serious collapse or breakdown involving at lot of hardship the bourgeoise will pass onto the working and middle class. The alternative is a government and society that doesn't serve the vested interests of the rich over everything and everyone else, present and future. One where at least the uber parasites, multinational corporations and the Rhineharts, Twiggies and Palmers of Australia, are forced to pay their fair, proportional to income, share of tax so government can properly fund the needed services it provides... basically you and I pay more so the uber rich can get richer still.

Message 74 of 101
Latest reply

Hi everyone,  thought I would add a note on Fastway Couriers which I use on a regular basis, be careful, there are areas which are considered white zones and they do deliver but the cost is expensive, most white zones are not on the Australian coastline, I got a massive invoice from them a few months ago for goods I sent to WA and some other obscure places, then I found out about the white zones, I was never told about this as their satchel bags say nation wide delivery.   I buy the satchel bags from them, after much discussion with them I finally got an excel spread sheet which I look up the postcode, if it says blue bags I use Fastway, if it says white zone I steer away and I use the post.

If you send goods under 250g they have this smaller satchel bag which I use for my atomisers and smaller items, I think they cost me just under $5.00 each for 20 bags.  Not sure exactly as I cannot put my hands on an invoice.

They do not deliver to Post Office Boxes, so I have had to either extract address out of the customer if they are in a blue area otherwise I use the post office.  I have it down to a fine art now, not sure how you will go with getting the spread sheet from them, I had to fight tooth and nail to get it, but I can email it to you if you need it.  Please send me a message with your email address.  They pick up from home, the drivers are great and usually deliver next day or in some cases a few days later, they are fully insured (the bags) up to $3000.00 and there is a tracking number on each bag.

Hope this helps.

Irene.

Message 75 of 101
Latest reply

Might give them a call!

Message 76 of 101
Latest reply

If you're going to use couriers, try AaE, via Temando. You get discounts with Temando, and AaE deliver everywhere that AP do.

And you can lodge at the PO apparently, so you don't have to be home for collection. An important point in my case as I work during the day.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 77 of 101
Latest reply

I must be doing something wrong

just tried a quote for a parcel under 250g through temando and its more expensive that ozpost

Message 78 of 101
Latest reply

okay, shouldnt be doing anything on 3 hours sleep

so there is no, cheap way of sending  a parcel under 250grams unless it can be sent as a letter

Message 79 of 101
Latest reply

Correct. That pricing point no longer exists.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 80 of 101
Latest reply