Aust Post Increase in Prices

Thanks to jlb225oz for sending me this link

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-changes.html

I have also seen a printout that announces new prepaid satchels as of Monday March 5th. These replace the current red/white prepaid bags and are dearer BUT they do include tracking AND there is a 3kg-5kg bag. I really would like a 500gm -1kg, but no one in Aust Post listens to me.

Message 1 of 101
Latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

There is/was quite a lively discussion going on on the selling board.

It appears the 500g C&S is going up 49c and the 3kg $1.02.

At least that's what eBay has upped all the postage prices, a month in advance, by.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 2 of 101
Latest reply

49 cents and 1.02??

3.8% of approx. $6 is 23 cents.

3.8% of 11.20 is 43 cents.

Message 3 of 101
Latest reply

Oh, you've quoted click and send. Either way, it's way too steep, in the face of cheap imports crushing our businesses. It's pretty hard to turn a dollar in this climate...

Message 4 of 101
Latest reply

Oh, you've quoted click and send. Either way, it's way too steep, in the face of cheap imports crushing our businesses. It's pretty hard to turn a dollar in this climate...

Try Mr Lincoln? :^O

eBay C&S will still be cheaper than the generic prepaid satchel.

Just had my first one paying at the higher price, because eBay decided to amend shipping costs a month ahead instead of two months behind.

Collecting 50c pieces until the end of the month, so I can give them to the buyers who eBay is trying to dud.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 5 of 101
Latest reply

Here's a scan of the new prepaid satchel prices, effective March 5th, plus a bit of info about them.

Aust Post prepaid satchel prices

Message 6 of 101
Latest reply

the end of <250gm parcels will hurt a lot of sellers!   :C

Message 7 of 101
Latest reply

Yes, I would like to buy 500 - 1kg postbags too - Rose

Message 8 of 101
Latest reply

Add Australia Posts greed with eBays greed and its a double whammy for small business.

Message 9 of 101
Latest reply

Most of my sales are under 250gm as well, this increases really adds to the cost, especially when a couple of my good selling items are below the $5 stamp value already.

Now Someone buying a $4 or $5 (non-flat)item will have to pay even more for postage. 😞

Message 10 of 101
Latest reply