Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Re: Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Warriewood NSW.

Lifeline Book Fair.

Ted Blackwood Hall
Cnr of Boondah & Jackson Rds, Warriewood

Times: 
Fri:  21 Feb:  4pm – 9pm
Sat 22 Feb:  9am – 5pm
Sun 23 Feb:  9am – 4pm

Message 1221 of 1,392
Latest reply

Central Coast NSW.

Easter Saturday Book Fair

Pearl Beach; Sat 19 Apr 2014

Pearl Beach Progress Association presents the annual Easter Saturday Book Fair.

Thousands of books at bargain prices, bric-a-brac, collectables & cake stall – proceeds to hall upkeep.

Takes place in the Memorial Hall on Saturday 19 April between 9am and 5pm.

Message 1222 of 1,392
Latest reply

Mornington Peninsula Vic, this week. No times given though, but 9 to 10am are usually the norm for start times.

Book Fair Thursday 2nd to Saturday 4th Jan.
St. Peter's Anglican Church
3 Octavia Street
Mornington VIC 3934

Message 1223 of 1,392
Latest reply

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone in WA can tell me the places that commonly have book sales (ie which universities, or do they all do them at some stage)? I have been looking on the net but I can't find any, except for ones from 2011/2012!

Also, this might be a stupid question, but would all the books at 'book fairs' be ex-library? I have seen that Scholastic do book fairs, has anyone been to one & are they any good for kid's books?

Thanks for any light you can shed for me!

Message 1224 of 1,392
Latest reply

No need to answer, I've just gone through this thread and have found all the info I need, to those qu's above and more. Thanks to those who have shared experiences in the past as I am very new to selling books so I'm soaking up all the info I can.

Message 1225 of 1,392
Latest reply

Hi there

There is a guy at the Cannington markets selling a lot of books on sunday mornings.  Most stock is $2!

He may have some gems and takes requests.

He is rumoured to be trying to get into Kalamunda on a saturday afternoon market as well.

Save the Children have a smaller yard sale planned for 23 March in Shenton Park, corner of Underwood and

Brockway, but they have not started advertising that one yet.

Their retail shops have quite a few books, particularly Mandurah.

Every dealer in Perth goes to their big outing at UWA in August around 20th I think this year.

Hope this is helpful. 

regards

Jane

Message 1226 of 1,392
Latest reply

There is a book fair at Lumun Christi Catholic Church, Kensington Road Leopold from 9am to 2pm on Saturday 1st March.  Prices will be low overall.  There will also be dvd's, cd's and bric-a-brac.  May be worth a look.  For those of you who don't know the Bellarine Peninsula (Vic) Leopold is just east of Geelong, on the way to Queenscliff.

Message 1227 of 1,392
Latest reply

Lifeline Canberra Autumn Bookfair.

March 28-30. EPIC.

$15 per bag after 1330 on Sunday.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 1228 of 1,392
Latest reply

UWA book fair once a year is the biggest and best of them.Another in Nedlands at the begijning of the year Royal Historical book society again in Nedlands.NO ex libray.

I went to one in Shenton Park this weekend gone.Flyer claimed quality books.All 99.99% books were ex libray ( remember ex libray books can be had for 50c to $2 max at an actual libray sale) and priced into the oblivion.The 'collectable" books were neither scarce,rare nor collectable all junk.I wasted 5 min there and a trip there and back was not happy.Never again.

Dave

Message 1229 of 1,392
Latest reply

Hi Yarmak

I wasted 10 minutes and looked hard amongst all that ex-library tatty stuff.  Agree with you totally.

A terrific facility for selling books but their stock was dreadful.  Bring on UWA save the children sale!

See you at it!

Jane

Message 1230 of 1,392
Latest reply