Dam Think i just figured it out.

knarfman2009
Community Member

May be a coincidence but my problem started "the VERY day " they put NBN on my node. and all the threads start at the same time they started to roll out NBN in australia, thats why it is only affecting AU ebay. Since NBN is just glorified SKYPE the problem must be with IP addressing and stuff.

Ebay australia should check with SKYPE to see if the problem is from the fact that only SOME people are on NBN on node and others (like Me) are still on ADSL.

Just a thought. (but here is hoping)

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That makes total sense.

The NBN of course makes eBay, but  no other sites, unreliable.

Have a read of what you wrote, then run a logic meter through it.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am still on ADSL and don't have a problem....well, only with the workings of the Cart sometimes but that has been going on for several years off and on.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

knarfman2009
Community Member

On a hunch just contacted a friend who has just started getting the same problem. Lives in a very small town and does not have NBN availabel so has been using mobile. Seems his problem started the same day as the nbn rollout in nearby Millicent AND evry day since the rollout he has been getting an error message when he starts his pc that "Someone has the same IP address as him". A message like this from an ISP ( as this error should not occur on an ISP NAT) also points toward a NBN related error.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

But how is that an ebay problem?   Is it affecting his use of ebay?

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

You obviously didnt read my post so will post the first line again.

"On a hunch just contacted a friend who has just started getting the same problem"

By problem i meant the ebay problem or else i would have posted it in a differant forum.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

That makes total sense.

The NBN of course makes eBay, but  no other sites, unreliable.

Have a read of what you wrote, then run a logic meter through it.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Oh im sry now i see your reason for this comment.

So that lyndal1838 can give you your 418th Kudo for agreeing with him.

My appolagies I responded thinking it was an actual comment.

Acually its cute to read the little banter you two have going and after further checking I see you have a little group of 6 all patting each other on the back. Your falling behind though he has given the other bloke 500.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

But going on your logic (if I've got it right) then I should be having trouble too.

After all, they're hooking up the NBN up the road from me.  I'm not getting

connected til next year.

I'm using Win10 with Edge and Firefox

I don't have any problems at all.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@knarfman2009 wrote:

Oh im sry now i see your reason for this comment.

So that lyndal1838 can give you your 418th Kudo for agreeing with him.

My appolagies I responded thinking it was an actual comment.

Acually its cute to read the little banter you two have going and after further checking I see you have a little group of 6 all patting each other on the back. Your falling behind though he has given the other bloke 500.

Good lordy, what are you on? Did you have crushed glass for breakfast?

To use your logic, I should have been having issues for yonks. NBN got turned on here 8-12 months ago (give or take), I still use aDSL2 because I refuse to pay twice as much for slower download speeds (although it seems I will be forced next year).

I'm having no problems at all.

As for the comment about an eBay tech reading this forum. Good luck with that. We're lucky that recently we have had the pleasure of a single eBay employee visiting periodically, but she seems to have gone into hiding since all the documented glitches started, so don't hold your breath about a tech reading anything. Not going to happen. 

How many kudos have I got? I wouldn't have a clue because most people here don't really give a toss about them. I wouldn't even know where to look. They aren't a badge of honour. You have to go to the US site to get those.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

You do know (i Hope ) that by clicking on your name i can see who has given kudo's to whom and who those people have given kudo's back to.

I won't mention the other 2 names (besides yours) in the little group but i stopped counting at 2 accounts (cause i realised i was wasting my time) between the 5 of you have given or recieved over 3500 kudos to each other. Your not even bright enough to not do it on this thread where it tells me who gave the Kudos.

Going by your ebay pages (4 out of the 5 having privatised their feedback so it cant be read) and your purchases.. please go back to your highschool book club. ( and what a choice of books you have chosen, yes even that is public knowledge if you know where to look)

You dont have this problem either so why are you reading this thread, oh sry just checked the time stamps of the comments and it all makes sense now.

Happy to w8 for the other 2 to comment haven't had such a good laugh in ages.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply