8hp duel impeller firefighter pump

Has anyone else purchased an 8hp duel impeller firefighter pump that has a 3.7kw (4.96hp) manufacturers label on the motor? Mine has a maximum 8hp label on the pump housing as well as the engine.

Obviously as the engine drives the pump, it doesn't matter what label is put on the impeller housing, it is still just a 5hp pump.

Tried a return as "not as described" but ebay is supporting the seller. Basically if it has a label then, it is what that label says, is the response.

Seems that most of the 8hp pumps are not what they say, just like lithium batteries and solar panels.

Any ideas on how to get a result from ebay? The customer service supervisor has only spoken to the seller and not me. He has even admitted he has no technical knowledge or understand the item.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You would need to have proof of what you say from an accredited dealer of firefighting pumps to have any chance of persuading eBay that you are right. If it's the pump you left the neg for then it looks to me to be a cheap Chinese knock-off of a Honda/Davey system.

I doubt that if eBay has closed the dispute you will be able to reopen it anyway. If you go through Paypal you will probably be up for return postage, unless you opt into their "limited postage return" offer before you open a case with them - and that will only cover you for up to $45.00 postage.

I have a couple of fire-fighting pumps bought locally, they are the type of item I wouldn't be buying on-line for obvious reasons.

Looking at your feedback left, I'd respectfully say that it seems on-line buying is not for you, considering the amount of problems you've had.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

You would need to have proof of what you say from an accredited dealer of firefighting pumps to have any chance of persuading eBay that you are right. If it's the pump you left the neg for then it looks to me to be a cheap Chinese knock-off of a Honda/Davey system.

I doubt that if eBay has closed the dispute you will be able to reopen it anyway. If you go through Paypal you will probably be up for return postage, unless you opt into their "limited postage return" offer before you open a case with them - and that will only cover you for up to $45.00 postage.

I have a couple of fire-fighting pumps bought locally, they are the type of item I wouldn't be buying on-line for obvious reasons.

Looking at your feedback left, I'd respectfully say that it seems on-line buying is not for you, considering the amount of problems you've had.

Wow,  I dont think I have ever seen so many negs left by one buyer, let alone the neutrals

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Yeah, buys Chinese junk and expects quality.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply