All i know is ! Ebay is one big scam ,Always backing bad scam sellers from china

Never going to buy off eBay again! Thanks to scam sellers from china , Which eBay supports,Just remember ebay ! no buyers no ebay 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: All i know is ! Ebay is one big scam ,Always backing bad scam sellers from china

But that is just all too hard

Too hard to look at feedback

Too hard to open a dispute (no need or reason to ask the seller or involve the seller when it is very clear the are a liar and a scammer)

Best way,in that case is to not buy on eBay at all

Solves the problem with 100% certainty

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Re: All i know is ! Ebay is one big scam ,Always backing bad scam sellers from china

@parachuter2006 wrote:

I agree with but the facts behind this could be interpreted in many ways...

It is a fact that way to many scammers are not allowed to continue doing business but also to that they are welcome to have multiple accounts.
The big deal is not the endless trail of disappointed or angry buyers they leave behind though.
It is common practice for the chinese scammers to have multiple selling accounts linked to a single Chinese Paypal account.
A legit seller might still have reasons for multiple accounts but then again this seller would also have a CONFIRMED local address and CONFIRMED local PAYPAL account.
Why is this differenciation so important you might wonder?

The chinese fakers that have the full support of Ebay transfer foreign currency directly back to china - in huge amounts.
Problem here is that these transactions bypass basically all vital protection measures.
You buy from a locally listed seller and as a power seller in most countries this seller would be subject to income taxes.
But if your business has no need to requires any business licence then the tax does not actually know you have a business.
Means you are still entitled to things like free student loans, unemplyoment support payments, pensions...
And since no money you business makes ever leaves a trail in a local bank account in the sellers name the government has no clue about this double fraud.
All items are paid for by the chinese account(s) and shipped to a private address or little warehouse in someone else's name or being officially registered to a chinese shell company/private person.
As a result the fraudster is not even trackable through the customs department as the seller does not import anything under his real name or real address.
It is a neat way to get foreign currency into chinese banks and as suach highly supported on their end.
Even if a really big fraud on Ebay would make it to the courts all they would get is some middle man that provided his local address to register some seller account.
But not the actual person that had the chinese paypal account registered and collected all the money.
Not even Paypal itself would be able to retrive any money once it made it from the account into a chinese bank account.
And since china has no international money laws that could be enforced ...

So, in reality it not about why more and more byuers "fail" to do their homework on seller feedback or ways to exclude them from search results.
The big question is why Ebay gets way with supporting tax and more on such a big scale?
The answer is of course money but the way might be intersting to explore as well.
You see, Ebay is a platform provider.
This means they can pretend to have nothing to do with the listings, sellers or buyers as they just provide the means to share informations.
The various and IMHO quite excessive fees however mean it is also a business and as such it is liable and needs to comply to local and in some cases international law.
Like for example not allowing certing things to be listed at all.
Warranties are another thing Ebay is not concerned with but that is another topic.
As all transactions are between seller and buyer only Paypal would be concerned about any possible legal issues.
Conviently though Paypal is just a money transfer system, not a real bank in international law terms.
Means they won't have to bother how much money goes from one country to another and if whatever was linked to that money might be subject to taxes or import/export duties.
Ebay policies only provided better buyer protection once the scam rate from chinese sellers exploded due to their dumping prices and volumes.
Not to actually protect the buyer, but to ensure the fraudulent seller can continue to provide income in the form of fees.
And since Paypal and Ebay are still strongly linked both benefit here.
Ebay, most if not all countries, is not required to report business to the local tax departments.
That means the seller gets his tax related statements and all but it is up to the seller what to do with it.
The law is clear here but what the law does not see a seller does not need to forward to the tax man.
Same story for Paypal here.
No matter how much money goes in or through a Paypal account there is requirement to report any of it.
Only if single transaction exceed the $10.000 mark or the account goes way over $50.000 no one at Paypal is concerned about anything.
Since Ebay supports the use of overseas Paypal accounts for "locally" operation power sellers it is clear their legal concerns are way below their money making concerns.
With the added support to allow multiple selling accounts on a single chinese Paypal account the intentions seem tobe quite clear.

Millions of Dollars every years drained from other countries into chinese bank accounts - with about 12% of all going directly to Ebay and some percentage to Paypal.
All of it bypassing local business-, tax-, and customs departments....
Is then a surprise that these drained countries notice what Ebay is doing and forced them to impose a 10% added tax on all imported goods?
Isn't it no surprise to see how Ebay limits the impact on these poor chinese sellers?
The "locally" listed items are paid for by a chinese account - outside local taxes.
The locally paid money bypassed all again and goes directly back to china.
Every million Ebay make like this means about 3.5 million lost to the affected countries tax and customs departments....
The impact on the support side might be even higher considering that the number of formerly chinese residents running highly profitable Ebay businesses are officially unknown.
And why bother with real work if you already have a business and can claim to be unabe to (find or do)real work.

I was going to reply to this, but decided pointing out the holes would be a waste of time.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Just wondering, if a seller has 257 negs over 12 months and Ebay say that seller is a " Top Rated Seller", how many negs does a seller have to win to become a low rated seller?

Just wondering.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

they're @ 98.4%....it's all a numbers game ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

Just wondering, if a seller has 257 negs over 12 months and Ebay say that seller is a " Top Rated Seller", how many negs does a seller have to win to become a low rated seller?

Just wondering.

Sellers 'win' negs?

Boy I've been playing this game all wrong.

You don't become a low rated seller.

You lose your 'top rated seller' rating.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

As twyngyn said, it's a numbers game.

Feedback and stars don't come into it anymore.

It's $US1000 and 100 transactions per annum, with not too many violations for out of stock. Late postage can come into it, but it's a lot more lenient.

And if 257 negs equals 1.6%, then they have a bucketload of positives, about 15,000, to offset the negs.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

Just wondering.

As the others have mentioned, there's a lot more to being able to qualify as 'Top Rated' than just the feedback percentage, but for those who do meet the criteria, the feedback score needs to be 98% or above - i.e. 2 or more negs for every 100 feedback ratings left.  

Negs above that rate can make a seller lose the "top rated" symbol, but they do not result in a seller becoming low rated (or "below standard" as eBay calls it), or affect their account in any other way at all - only provable* negative issues (not unvetted opinions) can do that, and it's not a status that's visible to anyone except the seller.

*Provable by eBay's standards. 

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

b4l_31
Community Member

AMEN!!!

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

You know very little about the boards don't you ?  Members are encouraged to have separate ID's for boards use, particularly if they are a seller.

Oh, and you said this in your opening post :-

"Never going to buy off eBay again! "

I'm so glad that you carried on buying off eBay................

Also, for the record, Tippy is a very well-respected seller on other ID's.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

@dean*wildturkey wrote:
I can see your a troll with zero feedback,Wouldn't surprise me if your one of the scam sellers on ebay ,Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

Smiley LOL

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 20 of 26
Latest reply