BEWARE Global shipping program

Buyers beware before you purchase from US sellers check that they do not use the Global shipping program. You will have to pay 2 shipping costs. One for the seller to ship the item to the shipping company in the US. And a second exorbitant cost (min of aboutUS$25) to then ship to you. A simple $5 purchase becomes $50 before you know it. To make it worse most of the yanks don't even know they have signed up for it. This has to be one of ebays biggest rip offs yet!
Message 1 of 311
Latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Re: BEWARE Global shipping program

How I check if they us Global shipping program?
Message 61 of 311
Latest reply

Read cleanupmycupboard's thread where all that information is available.

Or consider whether or not the bottom line - item cost plus postage - is what you're willing to pay.

If yes, buy it; if no, don't. It's not hard.

Message 62 of 311
Latest reply

Sheet, it would be so good if the DB's worked the same as the AC boards then there would be no blardy bumping.............

just sayin'

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 64 of 311
Latest reply

Sellers beware ...

Buyers beware ...

ebay is digging their own grave.

I buy banknotes .... yes....pieces if paper.

The note costs me US$11 and the GSP charges me US $30 to ship a piece of paper 7 x 3 inches. ...Totally fraudulent.

I have tried negotiating with sellers with about a 15% success rate.

It is not my job to negotiate with sellers on ebay to ty and obtain a fair charge for shipping and handling.

Message 65 of 311
Latest reply

@stevied0909 wrote:

Sellers beware ...

Buyers beware ...

ebay is digging their own grave.

I buy banknotes .... yes....pieces if paper.

The note costs me US$11 and the GSP charges me US $30 to ship a piece of paper 7 x 3 inches. ...Totally fraudulent.

I have tried negotiating with sellers with about a 15% success rate.

It is not my job to negotiate with sellers on ebay to ty and obtain a fair charge for shipping and handling.

True. That would only apply if you cared about a fair charge.

Or if the US has different rules about posting currency than Australia.

I am at a loss trying to understand why you wouldn't negotiate postage prices with sellers when you feel the postage isn't reasonable in the circumstances.

I'm assuming that you realise that most sellers using the GSP either aren't aware or if they are wouldn't post overseas another way. Either way, negotiation is the key. If they won't negotiate, you didn't really want the note at the all-up price.

Message 66 of 311
Latest reply

If postage says International Priority Shipping click on the I icon and you will see the extensive agreement you have signed by default. Good luck, you will get a split invoice for domestic and international charges and be up for customs clearance fees and it will go usps to KFC land and FedEx by slow boat to China. 

Message 67 of 311
Latest reply

The term International Priority Shipping resembles the USPS terminology and is not purely by coincidence. I got caught, don't you get caught. Buyer beware. 

Message 68 of 311
Latest reply

steve you have now dragged up 6 old threads about the GSP dating back to around 4 years ago.

Without going to every one of those posts of yours, I suspect that your problem is one of your own making in that you didn't do enough research on the GSP before buying, or for that matter researching the boards on the problems of using the GSP.

Having been a member for nearly 14 years I'd have thought you would know the various ways of researching a product and/or finding a solution to it - and resurrecting multiple very old threads is certainly not the way to do it - you would have been best served by starting your own thread and getting members advice that way.

As it stands it's near impossible to point you in the right direction now with the amount of posts you've submitted on multiple threads.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 69 of 311
Latest reply

Steve, I think there's around 78 other dead threads on the GSP that you haven't dragged up yet. Would you like me to tag you in them to make it easier for you?

I see you're still leaving feedback before you've received the item. Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

Message 70 of 311
Latest reply