Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
I purchased an item through the GSP and the seller didn't upload the tracking number.
I asked him politely to upload the tracking number stating that GSP shipping is notoriously slow and I'd appreciate knowing how it is travelling.
This is his response :-
You have the E-bay drop ship service, and all I am responsable for is the domestic shipping to there location in Kentucky. You paid for first class domestic shipping to there. All I have is a postal internal tracking number--9500 12138 1477 6231 0034 61- your kit is expected in Kentucky on Monday the 22nd, once it is there it is in the e-bay international system. If you have any further questions please ask them.
Thank You,
what can I do to try and get him to upload the tracking number?
Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Condescending seller

i dont know there is anything you can do

the thing i find weird is, that reply would have taked 10 times longer to do that putting the tracking number he has into the system.

that being said, with my recent, and only purchase via GSP, i recieved email messages from the GSP about 4 days after i got the 'your item has been posted' message saying it had been recieved by GSP, had been cleared by customs and was on its way to destination.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Condescending seller

i dont know there is anything you can do

the thing i find weird is, that reply would have taked 10 times longer to do that putting the tracking number he has into the system.

that being said, with my recent, and only purchase via GSP, i recieved email messages from the GSP about 4 days after i got the 'your item has been posted' message saying it had been recieved by GSP, had been cleared by customs and was on its way to destination.

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
Yeah, I'm perplexed as to why he didn't just upload the number too.
Obviously wanted to talk down to me because my 857 feedback score is lower than his 3256 score so I needed to be educated as I obviously know nothing about buying on eBay.
I always strike numpty sellers. I always check their feedback first and his are all fantastic but if all his selling is via the GSP then that would explain it
Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have been given the only tracking number the seller has....the USPS number used to get the item to Kentucky,  Have you tried using that to see where it is?

Once it gets there you will be given another number to track the International part of the journey.

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
He refuses to upload it.
Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
Okay Lyndal, just put that number in the USPS tracking and it doesn't recognise it. What do I do now?
Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
Lyndal, you obviously don't know how the tracking works on the app because the number never changes on the app. The app provides tracking updates automatically at the top of the purchase display. If he doesn't upload the number I don't get any updates. Your advice has been completely useless despite having been kudoed
Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
Lyndal, why don't you put the number in to USPS tracking and see what it says
Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

@esayaf wrote:
Lyndal, you obviously don't know how the tracking works on the app because the number never changes on the app. The app provides tracking updates automatically at the top of the purchase display. If he doesn't upload the number I don't get any updates. Your advice has been completely useless despite having been kudoed

That pretty rude esayaf;    I hope Lyndal doesn't waste any more time trying to help you.

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

I just took a closer look at the tracking number and it appears to be wrong....either the seller has given you an incorrect number or you have entered it incorrectly.

The usual form or USPS tracking is 5 sets of 5 numbers plus 2 extra numbers.   The number you have posted has 5 numbers in the second set.

As the item is due in Erlanger KY tomorrow (their time?) I would just wait and see if the tracking updates.....you may have to wait till Tuesday our time for it to appear.

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply