Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
I purchased an item through the GSP and the seller didn't upload the tracking number.
I asked him politely to upload the tracking number stating that GSP shipping is notoriously slow and I'd appreciate knowing how it is travelling.
This is his response :-
You have the E-bay drop ship service, and all I am responsable for is the domestic shipping to there location in Kentucky. You paid for first class domestic shipping to there. All I have is a postal internal tracking number--9500 12138 1477 6231 0034 61- your kit is expected in Kentucky on Monday the 22nd, once it is there it is in the e-bay international system. If you have any further questions please ask them.
Thank You,
what can I do to try and get him to upload the tracking number?
Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Condescending seller

@esayaf wrote:
Lyndal, you obviously don't know how the tracking works on the app because the number never changes on the app. The app provides tracking updates automatically at the top of the purchase display. If he doesn't upload the number I don't get any updates. Your advice has been completely useless despite having been kudoed

I don't use an app but I do use a computer and if the tracking number is not correct then of course it will not track on any device.

Do try to contain your anger and not direct it at those who are trying to help you.

Message 11 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
I copied and pasted the entire message with no changes
Message 12 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
May l please ask what you did to know it is due in Erlanger tomorrow?
Message 13 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
You have confused me with your explanation that there are five sets of five numbers with two at the end and I have five in the second set. Did you mean five sets of four numbers
Message 14 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

The message from your seller says it is due in Kentucky on Monday....that would be Monday in the USA so probably will not show until Tuesday here in Australia....it may take a few hours to update anywhere.

If you did a C & P then it would appear the seller has made a mistake in the number....there is an extra number in the second set of 4.

Try messaging the seller again and ask if he could correct it....and be polite or he will just tell you to go where I was tempted to tell you to go.

Message 15 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

@esayaf wrote:
You have confused me with your explanation that there are five sets of five numbers with two at the end and I have five in the second set. Did you mean five sets of four numbers

My mistake...it should have been 5 sets of 4 numbers and there are 5 numbers in the second set.  You could have read that on the USPS tracking site yourself.

Message 16 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
Thanks Lyndal. I'm on a phone so I did not get anything other than a spot to put the tracking number and when entered it told me it was invalid, nothing more.
I did ask him politely as I stated in my opening post and as he stated at the bottom he will not answer any more questions and that I am to direct them to eBay
Message 17 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

The seller probably doesn't realise he has typed in an extra number.....I would point it out politely and ask for it to be corrected....you have nothing to lose if he does not answer.

I still say just wait a day or so for the International tracking number to be issued....much less stressful and the package is still in the USA so you will still be waiting a few weeks for it to arrive.

Message 18 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

esayaf
Community Member
Thank you Lyndal. I apologise fully for my anger but I was a little irked by the condescending tone of your first reply.
As I use the app I doubt I will get an updated tracking number because he has refused to upload the initial number for it to link up.
I have already politely informed him that the number is wrong link.
As it is a seventy four kilometre return journey to access a computer in my "local" library I guess I'll just be waiting like an idiot until it turns up
Message 19 of 39
Latest reply

Condescending seller

Sorry if you felt my first answer was condescending....it was not meant to be.

The seller has given you the only tracking he has.  As it is an internal number he is not obliged to give it to you as it is his tracking number so he can see that it has arrived in KY.

Once it gets to KY the seller has no further input and will not have a clue when it leaves the USA....if you are not given a tracking number by Pitney Bowes when the item leaves the USA you will have to battle it out with ebay as the seller is out of the loop once it arrives in KY.

Unfortunately no-one here can help in the GSP tracking....it is not trackable on any external site.  You usually have to click on the number to see the tracking.

Message 20 of 39
Latest reply