Customs

I want to purchase a pet food item from seller in the US (It's dirt cheap and so is the postage) I did buy the same item around 2 years ago or more, from another seller and it was confiscated by Customs. Do you think this purchase could be a risk of ending up same way? Im still very tempted to buy it.
Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Customs

@michellebartley wrote:
It bl.... well means its too risky to buy any food from Ebay so that means sellers miss out on their payments as well as my animals will have to go without. What an utterly pathetic scenario.

michelle there are plenty of Australian sellers and stores to buy your rodent food from without the need to illegally import it from overseas..........................and one day you will get caught again doing it.

I hope you're putting the money aside from your cheap OS purchases to put toward any fines that you will inevitably get.

THAT will be Karma.

Edit. G'day slr.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 51 of 57
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Its nothing to do with Karma Lyndal you dont know the full facts behind all this. There is quite a bit of invetigative to be done now by me . It bl.... well means its too risky to buy any food from Ebay so that means sellers miss out on their payments as well as my animals will have to go without. What an utterly pathetic scenario.

No, it is true that I don't know the full facts because you choose to only post what you want us to know.

Why is it too risky to buy food on ebay?   You are free to buy any food that you want to when it is located in Australia.  I am sure your mice don't read the labels to know where you bought the food.

I am sure that the overseas sellers are not going to be too upset by you not buying from them in future.  I have a feeling that those who have been "bitten" in the past have already blocked you anyway.

Yes it is a pathetic scenario....it has taken you way too long to realise that you need to investigate the laws surrounding your overseas purchases.

Message 52 of 57
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Its nothing to do with Karma Lyndal you dont know the full facts behind all this. There is quite a bit of invetigative to be done now by me . It bl.... well means its too risky to buy any food from Ebay so that means sellers miss out on their payments as well as my animals will have to go without. What an utterly pathetic scenario.

that means sellers miss out on their payments 

A very small price indeed to maintain the biosecurity of Tasmania.  Think about it, the lost sales from one eBay buyer versus the biosecurity of our island state??????  A real no-brainer.

Hardly an utterly pathetic scenario in my opinion. In fact, far from it . . . . . . a scenario worthy of a celebration of sorts.  Break out the caviar!

Message 53 of 57
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Well la la de da da I did get the item. Satisfied now, I have nothing to hide whatsoever, just thought I would tell as you seem to want to know.

@michellebartley    Smiley Tongue

I'm not convinced that you are telling us the truth here at all, not even from post 1!
I'm calling Shenanigans!  Smiley Wink

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 54 of 57
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

@michellebartley wrote:
Well la la de da da I did get the item. Satisfied now, I have nothing to hide whatsoever, just thought I would tell as you seem to want to know.

@michellebartley    Smiley Tongue

I'm not convinced that you are telling us the truth here at all, not even from post 1!
I'm calling Shenanigans!  Smiley Wink

You needed to add some more colour to your post Jane.

It looks much prettier with lots of colours!!!

Message 55 of 57
Latest reply

Shenanigans, eh?

Image result for shenanigans mouse meme
Message 56 of 57
Latest reply

Mark Twain.jpg

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 57 of 57
Latest reply