Did I purchase a fake nutribullet?

Hi everyone, I purchased a nutribullet this afternoon on here. I have since discovered there are fake ones and now I'm worried. I emailed the seller and they replied that they have reputable suppliers but the nutribullet website states they are the only Australian resellers. Can anyone offer any advice here I am so confused.
Message 1 of 110
Latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Did I purchase a fake nutribullet?

If you take the time to read this whole thread it tells you how to spot them.

Or google "fake nutribullets how to spot them".........................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 101 of 110
Latest reply

Hello everyone,

I bought a NutriBullet from 'leading asia' via EBay.
And it's not running properly. Very very noisy, painful for your ears. But after I contacted them they send 2 new blades. But after 2 times using it, it again makes a very loud noise. And i stick to the manual. I don't even fill up untill max level, and don't even blend hard food in it.
After contacting leading Asia again (1 month after new blades and really didn't used it much) they say that it is wear and tear!! That the blades need to be replaced every 3 months! The blades aren't even 3 months.
I asked them for a refund but they do t agree on that.
I don't know what to do know. Do I have any rights?

Many thanks.

Sandy
Message 102 of 110
Latest reply

I suspect that if you open a case with Paypal for "item not as described" you would have to prove to Paypal that the item was a fake by getting a reseller if Nutribullet to sign a declaration that it is fake.

It's doubtful if any reseller would be prepared to do that though with items bought online, Paypal may take photos and website info on fake ones but I think it a bit unlikely, you can only try.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 103 of 110
Latest reply

Not sure if someone has already let you know this (too many post on your question to read) But if you contact NutriBullet they will walk you thru the tips that let you know if you have a fake or not. I think you can find NutriBullet's web page to contact them

Message 104 of 110
Latest reply

I am pretty sure the OP will not be back to see this information after 22 months.

She has not been to the boards since January 2015.

Message 105 of 110
Latest reply

Also, if you had bothered to read all the posts, you would see there's plenty

of info on how to spot the fakes.

Message 106 of 110
Latest reply

lyacha8
Community Member
A real 900w base weighs 2117 g, the new 900w base I purchased on eBay weighs 1273g, massive discrepancy. I have emailed the seller and if no joy will start a dispute. You should do the same
Message 107 of 110
Latest reply

The OP's machine, whether fake or not, would be out of warranty by now.

Message 108 of 110
Latest reply

The OP's Nutribullet would now be 4 years old.....If the problem has not been sorted I doubt that it ever will be.

Message 109 of 110
Latest reply

@lyacha8 wrote:
A real 900w base weighs 2117 g, the new 900w base I purchased on eBay weighs 1273g, massive discrepancy. I have emailed the seller and if no joy will start a dispute. You should do the same

You're about 4 years too late for the original poster but yes, it does sound as if your recent purchase on ebay may be a fake.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think ebay is the ideal place to buy new, brand name items that are way underpriced compared to their normal retail price eg nutribullet, thermomix etc

Avoid like the plague.

Message 110 of 110
Latest reply