Does anyone else HATE this stupid Global shipping program?

I've found Global to be inflexible, expensive and frustrating. I've just had an item sent through it and of course it's under multiple carriers and the number I was given by WNDirect cannot be tracked. I've therefore paid for a Priority Mail service and received what was First Class without the tracking. I live in Australia and First Class International through the good old U.S. Post can now be tracked here. It is SO much better than what I just experienced and costs me so much less, but when a seller locks themselves into a Global listing, it appears that they can no longer override the invoice so I've just paid double for this rubbish! So not happy!!

Message 1 of 112
Latest reply
111 REPLIES 111

Re: Does anyone else HATE this stupid Global shipping program?

Yep. There was a post on the US board yesterday from a seller who said 20% of his sales are international and we he opted in to GSP, they dried up completely. He opted out of GSP and they returned to normal.

How about 43.90 for shipping 6 balls of knitting cotton!

Message 11 of 112
Latest reply

I can top that.....AU$72.00 for a small stainless steel drizzle spoon worth a few $$$.

Message 12 of 112
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I can top that.....AU$72.00 for a small stainless steel drizzle spoon worth a few $$$.

LOL, and I thought mine for a single Japanese coin worth $1.00 was bad at US$48.00.............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 112
Latest reply

Most of the items I buy from the US are from sellers who use the online service so they know about E-DELCON. Just recently I received an item in with a handwritten envelope with stuck on stamps - it's been a while since I've seen one of those from the US! I think most US sellers prefer paying online and using the labels.

I've struck sellers who start selling internationally only using the GSP and they must have swallowed the eBay/Pitney Bowes line that using it is the safest, most efficient blah blah blah way to ship iternationally.....which I guess is why they don't realise how much USPS has improved with E-DELCON. The seller I mentioned earlier already did everything online for GSP.....so hopefully now they will find the postal service version is equally easy....with happier OS customers as a result.  Of course E-DELCON only applies to some countries...but equally, the GSP has a pretty restrictive countries list as well.

Message 14 of 112
Latest reply

Thanks for the information,Stella. I thought the sellers had to re-list to change the shipping option .

Message 15 of 112
Latest reply

Mmm... Interesting! I knew t6hat First Class was trackable to us, but hadn't heard of E-DELCON. I'll certainly look into that!

Message 16 of 112
Latest reply

Actually, I've been asking people to just send me an invoice and they haven't been able to recently, so I thought Ebay had closed that loophole. When I discovered that, I sent payment to their email address through Paypal and marked the listing as payment sent.

Message 17 of 112
Latest reply

@berwen2010 wrote:

Thanks for the information,Stella. I thought the sellers had to re-list to change the shipping option .

Berwen, I have been told by another member that if there are bids on an auction then the GSP can't be removed, I have certainly had US sellers that were able to cancel it before any bids (and they were mortified to find out what Pitney Bowes was charging their buyers for the "service" - which explained their not inconsiderable drop in overseas sales...............)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 112
Latest reply

I LOVE IT

LOVE the slow delivery

LOVE the high price of shipping

LOVE the BS attitude you get when attempting to find out where your parcel is.

LOVE the combined lies of eBay and Pitney Bowes as to why you item doesn't comply with export regulations (when the item does comply)

Moreover I just LOVE the eBay forum cheer squad who say it's not poor eBay's fault.

eBay is just sharing the LOVE with GSP !!!!
Message 19 of 112
Latest reply

Clearly still on the still...mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 20 of 112
Latest reply