Does anyone else HATE this stupid Global shipping program?

I've found Global to be inflexible, expensive and frustrating. I've just had an item sent through it and of course it's under multiple carriers and the number I was given by WNDirect cannot be tracked. I've therefore paid for a Priority Mail service and received what was First Class without the tracking. I live in Australia and First Class International through the good old U.S. Post can now be tracked here. It is SO much better than what I just experienced and costs me so much less, but when a seller locks themselves into a Global listing, it appears that they can no longer override the invoice so I've just paid double for this rubbish! So not happy!!

Message 1 of 112
Latest reply
111 REPLIES 111

I totally agree the pricing that Global shipping program charges for items is way to much and they seem to just do the paper work needed to import items then resend it to other companies to delivery it. It's almost impossible to use this Global shipping program and get a bargain from the US as the pricing is just over the top.
Message 21 of 112
Latest reply

For what it's worth, it is akin to chasing a rabbit down the warren to find out if it is GSP or normal postage.

It's deliberately evasive and most times, not clear until you've comitted to buy, whic to me at least, is a form of entrapment, since I've NO intentions of utilising such a pathetic, money grabbing, liability shirking service.

Message 22 of 112
Latest reply

Also further to this,  it is unfair upon both the buyer and seller.
The buyer has acted in good faith, after being coerced into a service they rather not use.
The seller will be held liable due to the incompetence of a third party that they've been promised prevents issues like this.
eBay/Paypal make their fees and take no liability.

Enough is enough, it is time that us buyers AND sellers hold eBay accountable for their mistakes.

If they screw you, screw them back, list and sell a heap of stuff, then cancel your account after people have their items so eBay do NOT get their greedy grubby hands upon what legitimately is your money that they'vedishonestly withheld.

GSP is the spawn of the devil.
How on earth can eBay justify a postage system that quadruples the price of postage and in most instances is more expensive than the item itself ?
I reckon there will be a plethora of Americans soon bemoaning the reduced trade from international clients, both in purchases and reduced auction prices due to bids that no longer are due to this garbage.

Stupid really, as it is costing eBay fees from lost/reduced sales, all in order to reduce their already diminished postage issues liability.

Message 23 of 112
Latest reply

@dorikinae86 wrote:

For what it's worth, it is akin to chasing a rabbit down the warren to find out if it is GSP or normal postage.

It's deliberately evasive and most times, not clear until you've comitted to buy, whic to me at least, is a form of entrapment, since I've NO intentions of utilising such a pathetic, money grabbing, liability shirking service.

It is not at all difficult to know if the seller is using the GSP.    The listing will state whether there are additional import charges payable or not.

If there are additional charges Pitney Bowes will charge that amount and pay the import charges on your behalf.

Message 24 of 112
Latest reply

Correct me if wrong, if the listing has a section in the summarised postage section that mentions additional import charges, it will be GSP ?
Message 25 of 112
Latest reply

@dorikinae86 wrote:
Correct me if wrong, if the listing has a section in the summarised postage section that mentions additional import charges, it will be GSP ?

Yes, that is right.

If there are Import Charges the amount will be stated and you pay it to Pitney Bowes and they pay it on your behalf.

The majority of items don't have any Customs Charges but you do pay extra postage making it a most expensive service.

Message 26 of 112
Latest reply

You just have to adore these clauses in their Terms and Conditions. Utterly convinced me NEVER to buy from a US Seller that uses their so called "services".  Just too risky.  I'm still looking out for my missing item to appear on their eBay store.

Talk about Corporate butt covering! 

the risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall remain with your Seller until the GSP Item is accepted at the U.S. Shipping Center. As between you and Pitney Bowes, risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall transfer to you from Pitney Bowes and/or its third party parcel processing service providers when the GSP Item leaves the U.S. Shipping Center.

.....and I love the loose use of language in this one to cover any vague reason that may be thought of not to deliver something

eBay and Pitney Bowes shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate parcels (and their contents) that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable, for whatever reason. If eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude that a parcel is undeliverable and elect to dispose of or liquidate a parcel, title to the parcel (and its contents) shall transfer automatically from your Seller to eBay, Pitney Bowes and/or any third party designated by either eBay or Pitney Bowes

Message 27 of 112
Latest reply

I tried to purchase a book from the USA yesterday from 2 different sellers and after pressing commit to buy got a message something like
" the item you selected may not be purchased due to Seller shipping restrictions, country specific import/export or other relevant restrictions."

It didn't make sense to me because both sellers showed that they post to Australia.

I don't know anything about GSP but did some research and realised this is causing the problem. I contacted both sellers and neither could fix it.  I ended up finding the book on a website and paying about $9 more on postage but at least I got it!

Well it looks like GSP has killed ebay for me buying anything but from Australia. As a long time user of ebay I'm not impressed.

Message 28 of 112
Latest reply

Hello All! Smiley Happy

I have been buying from the USA on Ebay since 2005 and this new GSP is ridiculous.

As others have said, many of the USA sellers are ignorant to the fact that they do not have to ship that way.

Today I was looking at a small insulated lunch tote for $11 and the postage was $75 USD, which of course is more for Australians after convertions thanks to our low dollar at the moment.

IF so many of us are unhappy about this program, can we not do something, ie all submit complaints to Ebay??  squeaky door and all that?

foztones

Message 29 of 112
Latest reply

Send your seller a message and ask if they would be willing to post via USPS. If they agree, go to the shopping cart on the US eBay site and request an invoice from there. The seller can then send you an invoice with the postage costs of USPS. It overrides the GSP.

If the seller refuses to post via USPS, find another seller.

Message 30 of 112
Latest reply