Ebay global shipping program a complete ripoff and failure

Ebay global shipping program test resuts

Two of the same items ordered from the same seller.

One sent usps direct and one sent ebay global shipping program.

usps price for shipping $112.40 item arrived in 4 days USA to Australia.

ebay global shipping program $176.40 and 2 weeks still waiting.

I was always under the impression the more you pay for shipping the faster the service. 

Could someone explain why ebay feels it has to run a shipping program the uses so many carriers.

Basically if you buy an item from a seller that uses the ebay global shipping program get ready for a long wait, and be prepared to add 50-60% to your shipping cost.

This shipping program will stop me from buying items from sellers that use the ebay shipping program.

It makes good best practice commercial sense not to pay extra and have to wait 3-4 times as long for the item to arrive.

Any sellers out there that use the ebay global shipping program and have noticed your sales have declined you now know why.

I feel that ebay needs to have a good hard look at its shipping program and work out that it is harming it's core business the sellers.

It will only be so long until buyers start leaving negative feedback for postage ripoffs. The seller can only thank ebay for the negative feedback.

I wonder how many other people have noticed this.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Ebay global shipping program a complete ripoff and failure

I can see some foot stamping in this thread

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

Great we are on the same page.

Maybe gsp should read wiki.

Logistics is generally the detailed organization and implementation of a complex operation. In a general business sense, logistics is the management of the flow of things between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet requirements of customers or corporations.

Did you take note of the point  ( in order to meet requirements of customers or corporations).

Who runs that joint anyway PB sounds like some dodgey cayman island money fleecing operation. Farming out all it's work and paying no tax.

Logistics company i don't think so, they couldn't train a gerbal to run in a straight line.

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

Google is your friend....google Pitney Bowes and you will see that they are a logistics company.

They organise to get your items from your seller to their depot in Erlanger KY where they repackage it if necessary and do all the paperwork involved in an International delivery.  The then hand it to FedEx for delivery in Australia.

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

Logistics is generally the detailed organization and implementation of a complex operation. In a general business sense, logistics is the management of the flow of things between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet requirements of customers or corporations.

And nowhere does it say 'quickly'

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

Ok I have the idea now.

In the past they would have been like the firms that did out of USA shipping for people that didn't have a USA address.

So it is not as simple as printing a label at the sellers end, then it's straight off to Australia.

There is extra handling and shipping involved.

Still not happy with the turn around time but a understand now.

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

So at the end of the day.

Pitney Blows
Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

@strawberry-wireless wrote:

Ok I have the idea now.

In the past they would have been like the firms that did out of USA shipping for people that didn't have a USA address.

So it is not as simple as printing a label at the sellers end, then it's straight off to Australia.

There are still other companies that will ship your items from the USA when you buy from someone who will only ship to a US address.

Pitney Bowes just happens to be the lucky company that has ebay in their list of clients.

Many of the sellers who are using the system have no idea that they are even selling to overseas buyers as they are opted into the GSP by ebay without their knowledge.

The extra shipping costs are to cover all the paperwork associated with international courier delivery as well as the actual shipping charges....supposedly Priority, but they only pay FedEx for Economy delivery which means that it is not all that quick even when it arrives in Australia.

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

I put this info on the other thread, but it won't hurt here as well.

Sometimes sellers are unaware that their customers are paying so much

for delivery.  Some are horrified.     Some don't care.

If, and it's a big IF, you can get a seller that is reasonable, 

to opt out of the GSP simply give them these instructions - 

Go to

(My eBay summary page)

account > site preferences > shipping preferences > Offer the Global Shipping Program > edit > no

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@strawberry-wireless wrote:

Ok I have the idea now.

There are still other companies that will ship your items from the USA when you buy from someone who will only ship to a US address.

Pitney Bowes just happens to be the lucky company that has ebay in their list of clients.

Many of the sellers who are using the system have no idea that they are even selling to overseas buyers as they are opted into the GSP by ebay without their knowledge.

The extra shipping costs are to cover all the paperwork associated with international courier delivery as well as the actual shipping charges....supposedly Priority, but they only pay FedEx for Economy delivery which means that it is not all that quick even when it arrives in Australia.

I did not know we could use a company with a US address if a seller does not ship to AU. How do you go about using a company to do that? Thanks

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

Google's your friend.

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=freight+forwarding+usa+to+australia

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 43
Latest reply