Issue with purchase

Hi All,

On the 21st May I bought a CD from an international seller.  6 days later it's not marked as sent, nor has he/she responded to my question asking if it had been sent already.

I would like to cancel the transaction now as if seller doesn't send or at leat respond to me, I cannot open a dispute until the 4th August as that is apparently the expected delivery time! Why so far away? That's ridiculous IMO. It is a country I have bought from before without an issue.

Anyway, I sent a request to cancel the order but as seller didn't bother responding to my "just wondering if you've shipped the CD yet" question, I hold very little hope in them responding to my request to cancel. 

Any advice for me?

Do I just have to wait until 4th August to get my money back if seller doesn't respond? I think that's ludicrous if that's the case.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Issue with purchase

Oh don't get me started on the singles lol - and you HAVE to get stuff that has extra songs you don't already have, or remixes, or radio edits etc.....with Tori, the collecting never ends.

I have an excel spreadsheet to look at, a little OCD but it's so I don't double up and buy the exact same thing already - although that has happened even so 😞

Crazy Tori fans...I love us all lmao!

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

Sometimes sellers don't mark items as posted. It's a bit silly these days if they don't because they'll get a postage defect. My husband bought something a few weeks ago. It arrived a few days later. 3 days ago I got notification of a posted item. I asked him if he'd bought another item the same and he said no. I went into the purchase history and it was the item that was sent a few weeks ago. I hadn't been in the purchase history to notice it hadn't been marked as posted.

Another time, an item I bought from Malaysia hadn't been marked as posted. I sent them a message after 2 weeks asking if it had been posted or not. The next day it was marked as posted and it arrived the day after. They were a high volume seller so may not have got around to it.

There seems to be a few complaints about slow to post in your sellers feedback. Did you translate each feedback individually? If you use google chrome, if it doesn't translate automatically, you can just right click and select translate to English and VOILA!

If you translate the big spiel down the bottom of the listing (it needs to be cut and pasted into google translate - it doesn't translate with everything else for some reason), there is an email address you can use in regards to cancelling. I can't post it here or I'll get slapped.

Also, did you send them a message in English or German? If you sent it in English, they may not have understood it. Even if they translated it, it may not have made sense. You could try sending a message in German and see if you get a reply. Use Google translate. It's pretty good. Just make sure you translate the translation back to English first to check you've made sense. I've had to change the wording a bit sometimes to get it to make sense.

Being a registered business seller, they probably don't work over the weekend, so I wouldn't expect a reply until next week at the earliest.

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Hi All,

Quick update:

Seller responded last night, marked the CD as sent instead of cancelling the order and apologised for the delay, but that is ok, as long as I get the CD eventually I guess.

Will have to keep you updated if it doesn't arrive until August lol.  Wish I had have seen the estimated delivery date before I hit buy it now.  My own fault.

Translated bits and pieces of the feedback, and seller did respond last night in perfect English so I think he understands multiple languages from the look of it.

Thanks everyone.  Will keep you updated when/if it arrives.

Cheers!

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Gee I thought I had panic attacksSmiley Wink about delivery of items.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

You do Michelle.....but you have improved a lot on what you used to do.

You are learning to be patient....sometimesSmiley Wink

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

Ouch!

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

Hi All,

Just thought I would come back for a quick update - CD arrived today and I am one happy buyer.  Thanks everyone 🙂

xxx

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Glad you finally got your item. What a relief.
Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Me too 🙂

Was quite happy in the end, both with the seller and the item. ❤️

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply