Issue with purchase

Hi All,

On the 21st May I bought a CD from an international seller.  6 days later it's not marked as sent, nor has he/she responded to my question asking if it had been sent already.

I would like to cancel the transaction now as if seller doesn't send or at leat respond to me, I cannot open a dispute until the 4th August as that is apparently the expected delivery time! Why so far away? That's ridiculous IMO. It is a country I have bought from before without an issue.

Anyway, I sent a request to cancel the order but as seller didn't bother responding to my "just wondering if you've shipped the CD yet" question, I hold very little hope in them responding to my request to cancel. 

Any advice for me?

Do I just have to wait until 4th August to get my money back if seller doesn't respond? I think that's ludicrous if that's the case.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Issue with purchase

Thanks guys.

Item number is 351503953179 which I am happy to remove if I shouldn't be posting it.

🙂

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

They are shipping by International economy shipping.

It seems that is the cheapest international shipping available

and takes months from what I can see.

4th August sounds about right in that case. 

Lyndal will know more about the shipping factor, I'm sure

Their % is 99.5 so not that bad

I'd send another cancellation message. 

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

Thanks, imastawka, I only sent the cancellation message this morning so will leave it a few business days to give them a chance to respond.

My question to them asking if they had shipped the item was 2 days ago which hasn't been responded to.  I just don't hold hope of agreeing to cancel when they've not bothered replying to the first message I have sent.

The three month thing - what happens if I do not receive the item by then? Am I right in thinking it's too late to dispute or leave feedback?

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

You have 30 days after the latest delivery date

From here -

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#inr

eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines

Item not received

• A buyer can report in My eBay that they didn't receive an item once the latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date.

• The seller has 3 full business days from the report date to respond to the buyer or offer a solution. If the seller does not respond or offer a solution, the buyer can ask us to step in and help.

• If the buyer doesn't ask us to step in within 30 days of reporting that they didn't receive an item, the request closes automatically.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

Thanks so much!

But feedback is a different story, am I right?

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

@floorjansen wrote:

The date only showed up AFTER i paid for the CD.  I would never ever have bought if I knew there would be a possible wait of over 3 months. 

The ETA is on the listing before purchase, right under the price.

When I look at the listing, I get "Estimated between Thu. 30 Jun. and Wed. 10 Aug."

eBay's ETA is based on the seller's handling time (stated as 2 days in the listing), plus the transit time for the postage service selected, so that's basically the post services ETA plus 2 days, and I'm guessing it could be sea mail since the timeframe is so long.

Not replying to messages is not the best sign in the world, for sure, but the item not being marked as sent isn't definitive proof that it hasn't been sent, and on the flip side, you've got quite a long window to remain eligible for the MBG if something does go wrong (you can open one up to 30 days after the last ETA). 

I wouldn't be opening any disputes at this stage, the item may have been sent and there's another reason the seller hasn't responded yet, but if worse comes to worse, eBay is not the only dispute resolution process. 

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

Thanks, digital*ghost - can't open a dispute till 4th August anyways lol....but wouldn't have just yet anyways.  Have asked for a cancellation instead.  Totally didn't see the estimated delivery in the listing, my own fault.

On a totally unrelated subject, I have to ask, is your user name related to Tori Amos? She has a song called "digital ghost" so I am curious.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

@floorjansen wrote:

On a totally unrelated subject, I have to ask, is your user name related to Tori Amos? She has a song called "digital ghost" so I am curious.

It started as a joke, just one of my larks....

Been a fan for over 2 decades. 🙂 

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

OMG no way?

I am obsessed with her, and for around the same amount of time, too.....

She's about as good as it gets, musically IMO lol.

Just an incredible artist.

So tell me this, are you like some of us Tori fans, do you go mad collecting all the different variations of her stuff? lol. 

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Issue with purchase

Yep. 🙂

I bought the piano box collection because it had a couple of songs I didn't already have Smiley LOL I also have several versions if the same singles cos they all have different B sides.
Message 20 of 29
Latest reply