Paying item off over time.

When u c an item and it has on listing so much per month to pay it off. How does this work. Thanks.
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Paying item off over time.

I don't think the bathing suit is ugly at all, it could look brilliant on someone but they would need to have a good figure.

Personally, I would not to pay that much for bathers (my figure's not worth it ) but authentic brand name items in clothes and bags always do seem to be able to bring in the big bucks.

I don't think most run of the mill bathers are $25, either. You would be looking at $40-$150 for most bathers on the market, I would imagine.

I saw second hand (famous name) handbags on sale on Catch of the day and they were wanting over $1000 & sometimes about $2000 per bag!Woman Surprised

Again, that is well out of my price range, but to each his own.

I don't think we should really be 'bagging' Michelle's choice of bathing suit or its price. She may look fabulous in it.

I guess the only thing she needs to ask herself, since she has the benefit of a lull before buying, is if it is an impulse buy & if it is affordable now in cash.

Ebay is there to cater for everyone so if she can afford it and would like it, no problem. But if she needs to borrow for it or put it on credit, may be worth a rethink.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

As you say springy, everyone to their own, but I personally don't like the neckline of the Chanel swimsuit although the colour is certainly OK. Would be far more attractive if plain IMO. As far as lesser swimsuits costing more than $25 is concerned, there are some very attractive one-piece swimsuits right here on eBay, with at least 300 - 400 listed at prices starting as low as $5 or so, and all below $25. Some of them are considerably more attractive than the $800-odd Chanel pictured below.

Check this link for yourself... http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=one+piece+swimsuit&_frs=1

$_57.JPG

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

li.varia
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Please keep the conversation on topic and remain civil to one another.

Thanks,

Varia

Community Moderator

Varia
Community Moderator
Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

"Personally, I would not to pay that much for bathers (my figure's not worth it )"

honey dont put yourself down like that. your body works, does what you need it too.

id say its a scam, or at least a bad idea.

if your contemplating paying off a bathing suit, honey thats crazy.

(i also agree its just a suit, id want a bloody big neon label on it saying "this suits worth x amount!!"

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Please do not refer to other posters as "honey" unless you know them very well...it is not appropriate.

There are a number of posters on these boards whose bodies do not work properly and do what we need them to so personal remarks are out of order.

And how is an expensive swimsuit a scam?

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Michelle, I agree with springyzone. If you like it that's what matters, and if you feel it's genuine. I would very carefully think about whether part-payment is a good idea. Even if accepted. What if the seller isn't around anymore before you receive the item? If you haven't fully paid it off? There's that to consider too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Michelle, I agree with springyzone. If you like it that's what matters, and if you feel it's genuine. I would very carefully think about whether part-payment is a good idea. Even if accepted. What if the seller isn't around anymore before you receive the item? If you haven't fully paid it off? There's that to consider too.

Ditto amber!

.I will say that I am still completely gobsmacked that anyone ESPECIALLY  Sellers on ebay would call into question a Buyers desire, aesthetic or budget and then lambast them on a public forum for it . NONE of a Sellers business period.

WHAT the OP is purchasing is irrelevant her question was to the legitimacy of HOW the part payment of the item worked.

FYI unlike some Design Houses, Chanel do NOT manufacture in China.However  I am interested to know exactly where people think the cheap nasty plastic & chemical laced fabric $5-$25 bathing suits are manufactured?

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Amber, if Michelle is referring to the paypal time payment shown on the previous page then there is no danger of the seller disappearing.  Paypal pays the seller immediately and the buyer gets the item.  The buyer then owes the money to paypal and they definitely get their money in the end.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks Lyn. It's not clear if it would be that, or a private arrangement. Had a seller in the U.S. try to get a direct off-eBay part-payment, I declined and moved on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

I agree Amber.   The OP is not too clear about what she means.....the whole thread is dependant upon what "part payment" is being referred to.

I suspect we will never know.Smiley Frustrated

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply