Seller not shipping item and I think I got scammed

Hi, I must say as a first time Ebay buyer i'm having a very negative experience.

I ordered a book with standard Australia post ($7.95) on May 31 2017, they said it will be shipped within 2 - 3 business days.

It's been already a week and the seller still has not shipped my item.

I have contacted the seller who lives in the same city as me asking if there is a problem and why is the shipping taking so long, and I have so far received no response within the past 24 hours.

It shouldn't take a month to ship and Item from Sydney to Sydney. I had another item from Melbourne that got sent within a few days and arrived to my place today from another store,  so I think this seller is a fraud.

It took them very quick to do the transaction. But I have so far not heard anything back. The seller is using "Ebay Money Back Guarantee" but it's hard for me to do this.

I have tried going to Ebay Help and reporting that my Item is missing or not yet received, but Ebay is pretty much blocking me from doing this, as it says "Looks like the Item has already been sent and is on its way, due date June 25th". Um no it isn't because it hasn't even been shipped yet!!!! That means I can't process a refund request until the item arrives? **bleep**? 
I also have tried asking the seller to cancel the order as i'm dissatisfied with how they are handling the postage but I have once again not heard anything back from them within the past 24 hours.

Come on Ebay this is hopeless you need to do more if you want to be serious about cracking down on dodgy sellers and have better support options for people who get scammed ! 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Seller not shipping item and I think I got scammed

With any luck at all,I hope the seller will ask ebay to step in and remove it

They certainly should. What a lot of rot

Many many party invites I should imagine,and rightly so

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I made a purchase from country Victoria to be sent to Melbourne metro. After nothing from the seller contacted them and asked if there was a problem. Item suppsedly sent a month later - still no delivery and when I contact Ebay it says sorry past 30 days after estimated delivery date. Considering it wasn't even marked as sent until after 30 days of delivery date this seller has onviously worked out a way to circumvent the system. On reading their feedback, which I stupidly didn't do prior to purchase, this is a common thing for them to do. Scamming beautifully and getting away with it. Not impressed, I'm glad it was only a $27.00 purchase

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

If you paid with paypal just open a dispute there....you have 6 months for a paypal dispute.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Hi I have an item I purchased on Ebay within australia on May 31 2017. it is now June 21 2017 and it hasn't arrived yet.

When I contacted the seller they said it should arrive by June 9th

It has so far not arrived yet.

I found out it has a tracking number, when I look it up I was shocked to see that it hasn't even been scanned and didn't even leave the post office yet, so it's just been sitting there for weeks, this whole time! However, the seller took my money + payed standrd Australia Post shipping ($7.95) which I know shouldn't take this long.
The item order date has changed to June 26th (originally June 25th) but I know that won't show up in time because there is a weekend delay when AU Post ships parcels. 

I have come to think the seller is very untrustworthy as they sent an email saying it's shipped when the item in fact was not.

Ebay has been very unhelpful when i'm trying to dispute the item with a seller, If I choose "I didn't receive it" I get this error message,

"We're sorry there's an issue with this purchase. Unfortunately, PayPal reports that we can't open a case for this item. You can try to work out this problem by contacting the seller"

However, paypal have helped me before and they are known about the seller who I bought from.  They said make sure you get back in touch with the seller first before they can do anything but I have not gotten back from the seller at all as they are very unresponsive and lack communication.

I think  this will be the last time I buy off Ebay. This is so broken!

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

I believe that on your other thread it was established that the seller had a 20 day handling time and the estimated arrival date is 25th June.

You need to tbe patient and wait till after the estimated delivery date before you can open a dispute....if the item has not arrived.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

If it's a book from a well-known Aussie seller, then they are reknowned for taking orders

and the having it shipped from overseas.

The 20 day handling time tells you that much.

As Lyndal says - be patient and see if it turns up by the due date.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Plus the numerous replies on the other thread

If there is a tracking number, it has surely been lodged at the post office (I would think)

Not sure how any seller can 'move it on' any faster than what the postal system moves it

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Oh for cryin' out loud....I just read the other thread!!!          angry smiley.gif

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Seller-not-shipping-item-and-I-think-I-got-scammed/m-p/206535...

Why come back and open another one?

You got all your answers

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Oh for cryin' out loud....I just read the other thread!!!          angry smiley.gif

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Seller-not-shipping-item-and-I-think-I-got-scammed/m-p/206535...

Why come back and open another one?

You got all your answers

Because they didn't like the last lot of answers and think asking again will get a different result? That's the definition of something, I believe.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply