Seller not shipping item and I think I got scammed

Hi, I must say as a first time Ebay buyer i'm having a very negative experience.

I ordered a book with standard Australia post ($7.95) on May 31 2017, they said it will be shipped within 2 - 3 business days.

It's been already a week and the seller still has not shipped my item.

I have contacted the seller who lives in the same city as me asking if there is a problem and why is the shipping taking so long, and I have so far received no response within the past 24 hours.

It shouldn't take a month to ship and Item from Sydney to Sydney. I had another item from Melbourne that got sent within a few days and arrived to my place today from another store,  so I think this seller is a fraud.

It took them very quick to do the transaction. But I have so far not heard anything back. The seller is using "Ebay Money Back Guarantee" but it's hard for me to do this.

I have tried going to Ebay Help and reporting that my Item is missing or not yet received, but Ebay is pretty much blocking me from doing this, as it says "Looks like the Item has already been sent and is on its way, due date June 25th". Um no it isn't because it hasn't even been shipped yet!!!! That means I can't process a refund request until the item arrives? **bleep**? 
I also have tried asking the seller to cancel the order as i'm dissatisfied with how they are handling the postage but I have once again not heard anything back from them within the past 24 hours.

Come on Ebay this is hopeless you need to do more if you want to be serious about cracking down on dodgy sellers and have better support options for people who get scammed ! 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

If you ordered on May 31, so it's only been a 'full' week (not 7 working days). Unfortunately, Australia Post is very often slow these days, *especially* if it has gone through the black hole which is Chullora Mail center

Not all sellers mark things as sent (it does not mean that have NOT sent it, just they have not logged in and marked it as sent)and not all sellers are at their computer every single day to answer messages the moment they arrive

I'm not sure where a month comes in? 

I'm sorry but if you are going to use ebay, you need to be far more paitent than demanding sellers respond within a day

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. You can get the seller's contact details via ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

I think that the above link should work. Just be aware that the seller will get your details as well.

I hope that it's just a minor problem for you and it all works out for you and you get what you paid for. Keep us posted. Cheers

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Hi there,

If you read through their shipping policy at the bottom of the listing for the item you purchased, it actually says to allow 5 to 10 days for item dispatch - if you ordered on 31/5, then the seller is still within that time period.

Where did you get the information saying  it would be sent within 2 to 3 days?  It's not on the listing, and you said the seller hasn't responded to you.  Also, how do you know it hasn't been sent yet?

They also say in the listing that responses to customer enquiries could take two business days.

While it might be frustrating for you to have to wait for your item, the seller has their terms written clearly in the listing, and doesn't appear to have done anything wrong here.  Its unreasonable to call them a "fraud" and to have left them negative feedback already when they're still within their shipping time-frame.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

Its unreasonable to call them a "fraud" and to have left them negative feedback already when they're still within their shipping time-frame.

Fully agree tazzie, but then I wouldn't have bought from that seller after reading their negs anyway.

camero, you'd be wise to not deal with large sellers with less than 99.5% feedback, most members here see that as the cut-off point for deciding whether or not to buy from a seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

What I gather from a random listing of theirs, the Seller has a 20 day handling time, but they usually post items within 2-3 business days.
My guess is that they keep stock of most of their items, but the rest comes from overseas. I'd say your item is on its way from whatever country it's being shipped from and will be redistributed from their Sydney location when it arrives.
The delivery estimate says it can take almost a month to arrive.

Try not to let this experience deter you from using eBay, next time you buy something, check their feedback first and keep an eye on the delivery date estimates.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Hi camaro

First off, relax as you have not been scammed. That's the good news.

I bought from this exact same seller earlier this year.

They show up as based in Sydney and so they may be but I would almost guarantee you they get their stock from overseas.

Once you order something, I am guessing, but I think they have it shipped to them.

Then once it arrives & they get it, they ship it on to you.

What do I base it on? I live in a suburb of metro Melbourne. I got notice from them the item was shipped within a few days. But it didn't arrive for about 3 or 4 weeks. When it did arrive, it was in an envelope with Australian stickers, no sign of it having come from overseas so obviously repackaged once it got to Sydney.And the postage stamped date on my envelope didn't match their first shipping notice date. it was much later, about 2-3 days before I received it.

So

You will get your item. Eventually.

It will be reasonably well packaged. Mine was shrink wrapped.

It will be exactly what you ordered.

But they are slow as wet weeks. If you are after something in a hurry ie within 2 weeks, this isn't the seller to buy from.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@camerohon0 wrote:

I have tried going to Ebay Help and reporting that my Item is missing or not yet received, but Ebay is pretty much blocking me from doing this, as it says "Looks like the Item has already been sent and is on its way, due date June 25th". Um no it isn't because it hasn't even been shipped yet!!!! That means I can't process a refund request until the item arrives? **bleep**? 

You've misunderstood - you can't submit a refund request after the item arrives (well, not for Item Not Received, anyway), because you will have received the item.

eBay blocks requests from being opened for item not received before the due date, which is fair enough. Due dates are shown on listings prior to purchase, and to be honest I once had a buyer contact me (via message) to ask for a refund because their item hadn't arrived yet, several days before the item was estimated to arrive. 

I blocked them immediately from ever being able to purchase from me again (which they did not like at all, but that's another story). 

If it gets to the estimated arrival date and the item has not arrived, eBay will not stop you in any way whatsoever from opening a request. 

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

And thanks to the fast-fingered red dot, the seller will prob be uncooperative.

They now have nothing to lose.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

You may find your future eBay experiences are less than pleasant from here on in. Leaving a seller a neg because it's still within their stated handling time and the item hasn't been marked as posted, is a good way to find yourself blocked from many sellers. Word gets around quickly, especially on the forums.

I live outside of Sydney and the ETA if I bought that book now is Jul 3. That's 4 weeks. Even then, it's only an estimate, not a guarantee. I would not be concerned if it hadn't arrived before the end of June. If it did, it would be a bonus. 

You are the type of buyer that sellers have nightmares about. If you're going to continue to use eBay, you may want to read up on how it works, before you try to destroy the reputation of any other sellers that are operating within their own guidelines.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply