Seller took too long to post, items now no good

Just wondering what my rights are.

I purchased 2 dresses from a seller on 26th October for a cruise that I was going on on 12th November. Seller listing says that she posts "within 3 days". I paid immediately with paypal. After 3 days with no notifications,(this was on Wednesday) I contacted seller to check telling her of my time limit.

She replied with I will post by the weekend. Still no notications so on Sunday I contacted seller again, reminding her of the time limit.

Her reply was I have been bust with work, I will post Monday.

No notifications on Monday so I contacted again - her excuse this time, my car has broken down, I should get it back Wednesday and will post then. I told her that this was no good that it wouldnt arrive in time (Melbourne to Perth) and lodged a paypal claim for a refund.

She responded to the claim on Wednesday saying that she had posted item, but when you check tracking, it says received by AP sorting centre 21:54pm Thursday so she probably just stuck it in a postbox whenever.

AP says that I wont receive the parcel until "between Thurs 13th and Mon 17th too late for me to use on the cruise.

I have had to go out and buy 2 new dresses to use instead. Do I have to just accept the fact that she posted 'a minimum' of 10 days after sale date or will paypal refund me.

Thanks for your thoughts

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Seller took too long to post, items now no good

Thank you i-love-my-sheep for your advice and how-to really appreciate it. I will definitely be doing that if I sell on ebay again.
I also appreciate your apology and totally understand. I just hope other ppl learn that there is ALWAYS 2 sides to every story. 🙂
Message 61 of 69
Latest reply

Sure there are always 2 sides. Yours was not the side of integrity, decency or honesty. LOL
Message 62 of 69
Latest reply

^^^^

<<Was replying on a smartphone, so the reply didn't come up as directed to Carly as it should, it defaults to the OP>>

Message 63 of 69
Latest reply

@carly050206 wrote:
I am exhausted from reading all your comments, which is one sided and basically bullying. (Put yourself in my shoes finding this forum and seeing ppl say things about you.never have I experienced that)
seriously can't the buyer just move on.
She had raised 2 disputes with paypal (1st one as 'not received' then the 2nd one turned 'not Received' case switched to 'Significantly Not As Described' case) both declined on her side why because simply she received the goods as described with no faults. Because an item arrived after the intended use paypal made it clear that thats not a reason to approve a refund.
@On lodging the follow up claim of 'significantly not as described' the buyer wrote:
"On 13/11 postman delivered goods. As no-one was home he left by the front door. My house sitter found the goods when he got home that night. He went to the post office to return to sender, but there is no senders address on the parcel. He contacted ebay but they only provided a name and phone number. He contacted paypal and they advised that as the goods had been received, they would not provide an address - they also would not give him information as he was not the account holder.When I finally reached port I phoned paypal, they said that as I had received goods, they could not refund"
so buyer lodged a false claim of 'items as not described' please tell me it was the right thing to do by the buyer.
PayPal declined with the status "The listing accurately described the item. We cannot grant claims based on buyer's remorse."

I have now got negative feedback on my account as truckiewoman01 decided to be remorseful. But you know what I just accepted it.

Carly if the Paypal dispute for items signficantly not described was found in your favour you can ring eBay and they should remove both the comments.  It is one of the reasons that defects and resulting feedback can be removed. Worth a call.

Message 64 of 69
Latest reply

You do realise that the buyer doesn't receive the money until 221 days after the sale. So they didn't take your money and sat on it by not posting.

Message 65 of 69
Latest reply

@ms_chan_258 wrote:

You do realise that the buyer doesn't receive the money until 221 days after the sale. So they didn't take your money and sat on it by not posting.

Do YOU realise that the 21 (not 221) day hold hadn't even been thought about OVER 5 years ago.

PLEASE, do not bump dead threads.....................original.gif 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 66 of 69
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@ms_chan_258 wrote:

Do YOU realise that the 21 (not 221) day hold hadn't even been thought about OVER 5 years ago.

PLEASE, do not bump dead threads.....................original.gif 

What' that saying? 'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing'

Message 67 of 69
Latest reply

@tiggywink92 wrote:

carly seriously ebay is not the place to sell anymore.  Ive given up selling here,  the buyers are way too demanding and its all one sided rubbish and way too expensive and way too slow  Try setting up a facebook page i sell HEAPS and especially on the selling pages you can advertise on and most pick up the items so no posting:-)  Plus the buyers are so much more relaxed:-)  Good luck if you do want to stay here to sell

I always love reading back through dead threads. Especially the claims people make. Funny how the author of this post has "given up selling here blah blah blah", that Facebook is all the rage, yet nearly 6 years later, they have 288 active listings. I guess Facebook isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Message 68 of 69
Latest reply

Um.... padi
The 21 day hold was in effect in 2014.
I was subject to it as an infrequent/new seller in January of that year... just sayin
Message 69 of 69
Latest reply