Seller won't send invoice for combined postage

I recently bought 3 items of clothing from the same seller I have asked for an invoice assuming they would combine them as I do when I sell,I never asked if they combined postage just assumed(hindsight is a good thing).They do not answer any msgs I have sent so it looks like I am up for $27 postage when they would easily fit in a 3kg satchel.I realise they are not obliged to combine postage but I know I would just sounds greedy to me I am thinking as they started the auction at 99c they didn't achieve the price they wanted so maybe don't want to sell them.Any ideas can I cancel the transactions as have had no response from seller but reminders from ebay to pay.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Seller won't send invoice for combined postage

Of course, bump.

They are supposed to be at their computers 24/7.

Especially if they are not operating as a business. How dare they think selling a few items from around the house on eBay gives them a right to a life.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

Should sellers be expected to reply to messages on the weekend?

I,ll leave the direct question up to others to answer as to be honest I dont have really firm views one way or another.

What I have found though is there is a direct correlation between the speed that I answer questions and the number of sales I generate from those responses.  If I can answer within a few hours I probably get 50% sales as a result. If I leave it for two days to answer questions, I get virtually no sales from the response. Personally I try to check for and answer questions several times a day.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

Should sellers be expected to reply to messages on the weekend?

Personally, I think it's circumstantial.

A business operating with Mon-Fri, 9-5 kind of business hours, I'd never expect a reply over the weekend, a casual seller with an auction ending on a Saturday/Sunday, I'd be more inclined to at least hope for a reply that weekend (not necessarily before auction end, but I would be thinking they'd at least check on things and would take a moment to read / respond).

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Ive just bought dolls clothes  X 2  by a seller and getting charged $18.50 for 2 packages.... In hindsight I should of asked the seller if they combined postaged but I just assumed they would ......wrong assumption. 

Live and learn - I wont ever do that again!

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Where are your items coming from?

If they are from the USA or UK and the seller is using the Global Shipping then you cannot get combined shipping.

And combined shipping only means that the items will be sent together.  What you need to ask about is combined shipping with a discount.....some sellers will not discount the shipping but will still combine the items.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Its been resolved, the seller was very helpful..... I have no complaints !

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

bewdy01
Community Member

This just happened to me. Seller will not combine postage. I have paid for 1 item and I will wait for a week and then pay for the 2nd item. The seller can make 2 trips to post office, 2 lots of envelopes and packing. It's the rule of the seller, so he can make life harder for himself for a couple of dollars. 

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

This is a zombie thread.

It was started in 2016. It then lay dormant until someone posted in 2020. After that, it was decently interred… until now, three years later.

PLEASE… check the date of a thread!

I expect a moderator will be along soon to lock this thread so that it may rest in peace.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply