USPS Tracking with LK NUmber

OK so I am not overly familiar with the US POstal Service. I bought an item off a Seller and he gave me a tracking number starting with LK then 9 digits then US.

It scanned until "Dispatch to Sort Facility" which was on the 20th of July. Its now the 2nd August, no scanned update, nothing to indicate it has even left the US OR arrived here in Australia.

The Seller has been very patient with my emailing him and has reassured me it WILL be here, but I am not holding my breath.

I do not understand firstly WHY you would ship something to another country without full tracking (to cover your own butt as a seller as well).

So anyways enough ranting,

What does LK stand for in the USPS shipping stuff??

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: USPS Tracking with LK NUmber

I am certain that 'LK' is a DHL courier number...

Cost from Aust to USA for full tracking through AUSTPOST is over $45! If the item is worth $100 or so its not really viable for a seller if HE pays... especially for multiple items overseas over the course of a year... seller go broke... happy if the customer wants to pay the $45... not many will...

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

I am certain that 'LK' is a DHL courier number

Was it NINE YEARS ago when this thread was current and postage was considerably less?

And what has it to do with the CURRENT cost of posting from Australia to the US?

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

We post parcels frequently from Australia, with tracking.

Tracking for most parcels starts with LK (presume DHL, as used by Australia Post). Then 9 digits, then a two-letter country code at the end. For us, AU, but a parcel posted from United States will have US.

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

However NINE YEARS ago, when this thread was relevant, LK was a USPS prefix, and thus irrelevant to posting from Australia.

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply