When sellers are bad

I've been on Ebay for 20 yrs as a buyer and a small seller.

Overwhelmingly sellers are fantastic and value their reputation.
There are of course a few bad apples

By way of comparision - I recently bought a small item (a few bucks). The seller was away on leave but had that posted on their site. They still contacted me after the payment to ensure I was happy to wait. They provided a tracking number.

On the other hand I am current in dispute with another vendor. Their postage fees were not transparent, they said they's dispatched an item after 10 days of nothing, they faled to provide tracking info.

I opened a compliant with Ebay when the item failed to arrive.

The seller responded with vague answers and gave the overall impression they were hiding details.

Yesterday, whilst I was on the chat to an Ebay agent (thats 20 days after I paid) the seller actually posted the item (as discolsed in the finally obtain tracking number). The seller sent limited info on this and failed to actually mention it wasn't posted until 10 days after they said. I only found that by going to Aussie post.

What's even more frustrating is that this seller as 30 current negative feedbacks ALL on exactly the same issues - no stock, no postage, no commumnication and no refund.

I should have chcked.

I did try to leave my negative feedback but Ebay has withheld that ... Hmm, ponder on that.

My question is when will Ebay stop recalcitrant sellers.

Surely this vendors histrory is enogh for sanctions?

I do hae supporting evidence but will not upload this as it may be called upon should I open further legal action

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: When sellers are bad

I think & proof read before I post... you should try it sometime.

Now is a good time to study the eBay MBG & PayPal's Buyer Protection before you further show your lack of knowledge.

It's always a good idea to get your facts straight... then you can distort them as you wish.

Still no link to the "bandwagon"?

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

"Still no link to the "bandwagon"?"

TC, the mythical bandwagon has probably been towed away by a mythical unicorn, driven by the mythical tooth fairy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

Glad I didn't have a drink in my hand🤣

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

My post went haywire - it bears saying again anyway

It is immoral but not illegal. Try to look at it like this:

Basically the 'Seller' has bought the games at Retail - That is now thier cost price.

They are adding to the cost price as all sellers do, and advertsing thier Sell Price -

Because thier buyers are lazy and impatient they are paying ridiculous prices for a NON essential item

They are recieving thier item and leaving positive feedback. More fool them

Legal Action against eBay - IMPOSSIBLE Legal Action against Seller - IMPOSSIBLE

Also tell your friends to stop private messaging me, it will not end well for them

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

LOL - eBay is soooo bad - why are you here.

eBay is simply a platform for selling - take a look - no responsibility taken for ' listed items '.

Question - Do you think before you speak type???

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

dom... look at the vids & you will have your answer.

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

@katistrophik wrote:

My post went haywire - it bears saying again anyway

It is immoral but not illegal. Try to look at it like this:

Basically the 'Seller' has bought the games at Retail - That is now thier cost price.

They are adding to the cost price as all sellers do, and advertsing thier Sell Price -

Because thier buyers are lazy and impatient they are paying ridiculous prices for a NON essential item

They are recieving thier item and leaving positive feedback. More fool them

Legal Action against eBay - IMPOSSIBLE Legal Action against Seller - IMPOSSIBLE

Also tell your friends to stop private messaging me, it will not end well for them

Kat - IMPOSSIBLE- is a bit far down the track - legally.

IMPROBABLE - is where it would end.

Sheesh - not even Trump could come up with 1 - I repeat 1 - case of voter fraud. LOL

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

Oh for the love of all that is..............

There are 2 of them, I bet eBay are fairly shaking in thier boots now

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

You can't legislate against idiots

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply