When sellers are bad

I've been on Ebay for 20 yrs as a buyer and a small seller.

Overwhelmingly sellers are fantastic and value their reputation.
There are of course a few bad apples

By way of comparision - I recently bought a small item (a few bucks). The seller was away on leave but had that posted on their site. They still contacted me after the payment to ensure I was happy to wait. They provided a tracking number.

On the other hand I am current in dispute with another vendor. Their postage fees were not transparent, they said they's dispatched an item after 10 days of nothing, they faled to provide tracking info.

I opened a compliant with Ebay when the item failed to arrive.

The seller responded with vague answers and gave the overall impression they were hiding details.

Yesterday, whilst I was on the chat to an Ebay agent (thats 20 days after I paid) the seller actually posted the item (as discolsed in the finally obtain tracking number). The seller sent limited info on this and failed to actually mention it wasn't posted until 10 days after they said. I only found that by going to Aussie post.

What's even more frustrating is that this seller as 30 current negative feedbacks ALL on exactly the same issues - no stock, no postage, no commumnication and no refund.

I should have chcked.

I did try to leave my negative feedback but Ebay has withheld that ... Hmm, ponder on that.

My question is when will Ebay stop recalcitrant sellers.

Surely this vendors histrory is enogh for sanctions?

I do hae supporting evidence but will not upload this as it may be called upon should I open further legal action

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

When sellers are bad

rehb_au
Community Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi7nLbZX6C8 

this video shows how ebay actively assist in people having their consumer rights violated when other rob people from purchasing goods from retailers, while at the same time supporting commercial laws being violated 

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

rehb_au
Community Member

When sellers are bad

Reported

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

Dang... you taking away my free entertainment☹️

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

Well, sellers taking orders for stock they don't have and inflating prices is an indecent practice. The inflation is a variation on the "Taking orders for stock that seller doesn't have" theme.

What many people don't realize is that they pay extra money for an item while thinking they're ahead of others and will get priority but later painfully realize that they were at the lower end of the queue.

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

Hey, this dude [rehb_au] is saturating the boards with threats of Class Action Lawsuits against eBay.

He has been shut down three times so far, and reports are still being made.

Best to have zero contact as he is breaking every law known by libeling eBay.

Just a heads up I swear  Kat

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

@rehb_au wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi7nLbZX6C8 

this video shows how ebay actively assist in people having their consumer rights violated when other rob people from purchasing goods from retailers, while at the same time supporting commercial laws being violated 

Hi there rehb_au. The clip was interesting. It does suggest that there are a few opportunist  sellers out there taking money for items they don't have in stock and will re-supply with their margin put on top to make the $$$$s. At the very least people who engage in this type of selling should have to earn a status and there should be a "Pre-order Seller" rating.

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

"Dang... you taking away my free entertainment"

TC, it's a bit like telling an ignorant child not to put their fingers in the fire........

Apparently the mods don't see promoting a class action against eBay as a board policy violation.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

padi... the mods probably realise there is no class action & are treating the posts as a work of fiction.

The deluded poster refuses to provide any links to the non existent class action on his laughable yt vids.

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

When sellers are bad

Why do I get the impression that if a regular poster tried this kind of carp they'd be hit with a pink slap so big they'd not see daylight for a very long time?

images.jpg     

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 43
Latest reply