Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

I've read a good deal of dustyattic's posts.  They look fine.

Message 31 of 54
Latest reply

Looks can be deceiving as I've seen several posts from her this week that have given incorrect advice or contained factual errors.

The past few months have demonstrated that objectivity and accuracy are not priorities of hers when posting on here.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 32 of 54
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Of course they look fine to you.....you also give the same sort of iffy advice without any acknowledgment of rules or policy.

Message 33 of 54
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Bl**dy great dust storm from where I sit tazzie.

Please tell us. What dust storm are you referring to?

The same one that tazzie is referring to.

Message 34 of 54
Latest reply

Having recently had a problem with a seller I opened an ebay dispute.I also contacted paypal and was told if I got no satisfaction from ebay once the case was closed I could then open a paypal dispute,but had to wait until the ebay case closed could NOT have both disputes open at same time.So dustyattic your advice is clearly wrong as has been pointed out several times.

Message 35 of 54
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

Yes you can. They let them both run. Where do you get your facts from? Policies no doubt. They don't follow or uphold their own policies, so quoting policies is pointless without experience to back it up. 

Or maybe they do follow policy for honored members?

This is the third day in a row you have dished out incorrect information. Were you aware that it's against forum policy to give out wrong information? Maybe you should read the forum rules before throwing any more bad advice out there.

Spoiler
Oh carp.....
Spoiler
It's the weekend......
Spoiler
I will wait for the usual weekend volcanic eruption.

Goodness what happened here? Now what is the problem pet. You seem a little upset. I'm not sure why. 

My comment was based on fact, real experience, do you have a problem with that? 

Message 36 of 54
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Thank you. I like yours too 😀

Message 37 of 54
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:
Looks can be deceiving as I've seen several posts from her this week that have given incorrect advice or contained factual errors.

The past few months have demonstrated that objectivity and accuracy are not priorities of hers when posting on here.

Can you please provide a list of the advice you think was incorrect? 

Message 38 of 54
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

Yes you can. They let them both run. Where do you get your facts from? Policies no doubt. They don't follow or uphold their own policies, so quoting policies is pointless without experience to back it up. 

Or maybe they do follow policy for honored members?

This is the third day in a row you have dished out incorrect information. Were you aware that it's against forum policy to give out wrong information? Maybe you should read the forum rules before throwing any more bad advice out there.

Spoiler
Oh carp.....
Spoiler
It's the weekend......
Spoiler
I will wait for the usual weekend volcanic eruption.

What incorrect information?

Message 39 of 54
Latest reply

The advice that you have given the OP is clearly wrong you cannot have two disputes open at once on the same item.I know this for a fact as was told by paypal.If the OP has done this they will not get a refund from either as it breaches the rules.I think you need to accept that you are wrong this time.

Message 40 of 54
Latest reply