Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

@gypsy-le wrote:

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Where do you go to report a seller? You go to an ebay claim for item not received-and you follow through.

You can't just leave the claim hanging.

You're being treated pretty shabbily and, I strongly suspect, downright lied to by this seller.

I say this because the original tracking details never changed, the item was never lodged at the PO.

Any half way competent seller would be able to look up their own selling details on this.

Second point: You contacted the seller several times but surprise, surprise, you never got a proper answer until the very day you opened an official case.

They claimed to have sent it and wanted you to wait for another one.

Then down the track when a replacement hasn't arrived (and no new tracking advice ever given so no, a replacement was never sent), they throw in the sob story.

Maybe someone did die, maybe they did go up north, but that is by the by, it isn't the reason for all your trouble or they would have mentioned it earlier on 7/8. Harsh as it might sound, if someone is running a business and there is a death in the family, they need to be able to either have someone else take over for a week or so or else end listings, make cancellations. I was in the situation a few years ago where I was organising a funeral for my brother and at the same time, having to juggle and balance money coming in from a lot of overseas accounts for a different death. Yes it is hard but at some stage you have to give yourself an hour or two and just do it.

I don't buy grief alone as this seller's excuse because a cancellation/refund would have been far easier than giving you an elaborate answer and then having to get another item & post it off.

Unfortunately, you may have shot yourself in the foot by opening an ebay & paypal claim at the same time. That can cause both claims to be cancelled or so i have always read.

For future reference, if you are being fobbed off or not getting any satisfaction on a purchase, open an ebay claim first. Follow it through. Since there had been no proof of delivery, I think you would have been given a refund.

If that claim doesn't work out, you can then move on to a paypal claim.

If both your claims have now been closed, there is nothing you can really do except rely on the goodwill of the seller. I don't like your chances of getting those masks. I'm sorry you had to buy elsewhere. I am assuming you may live in Melb. Masks that don't arrive for a month or more are no use to us, we need them now.

Message 51 of 54
Latest reply

fcuu-81
Community Member

What do I do if someone is lying about getting something 

Message 52 of 54
Latest reply

Do you have tracking to show the item was delivered ?

If not and they open a dispute you will lose the dispute.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 53 of 54
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 54 of 54
Latest reply