buying on ebay is no longer fun, the buying experience dealing with dodgy sellers is alwfull

having been a ebay buyer  for over 20 years the last couple of years has been nothing but trouble some, 

having brought and promptly paid for items alot of the time this happens

sellers do not reply to messages

sellers will not let you know if items been sent

sellers will not provide tracking numbers

sellers selling items that they have no stock of

having to wait weeks to get a refund through ebay

you buy from a seller as listing says australian seller so you will get the item quickly, then after waiting weeks find out seller is really in china, its false advertising and ebay allows this to happen

i really am fedup buying on ebay as many sellers are doing what i have listed above, you just dont know when or if you will recieve the item you have paid for

ebay states buyer protection but thats not the point, its just becoming a headache buying from sellers that should have been kicked off ebay long-ago.

ebay allows these sellers to take your money and stuff you around all the time

ebay was never like this years ago, you always knew and trusted ebay sellers

not anymore , the standard of sellers is terrible as is the buying experience, 

and ebay allows it,

well i will not bother buying much anymore, i am so sick of it all and the worry , no stock, no tracking, no item, well no more ebay  for me either 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: buying on ebay is no longer fun, the buying experience dealing with dodgy sellers is alwfull

You have  left  20 x FB in the last month  18 Positive,  1 Negative and 1 Neutral,  So you dont seem to support your own post.

Anyway, have fun elsewhere.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: buying on ebay is no longer fun, the buying experience dealing with dodgy sellers is alwfull

The seller you left a neg for has awful feedback. I wouldn't have bought from them to be honest.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

That seller is/was located in India - red flag there to start with.

Looking at OP's fb, I'm confused by the rant as well.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

After having been on Ebay for so long, surely you would know by now that you need to look to see where a seller is registered, not where an item is located. A simple glance at the sellers feedback/profile page gives you this information.

Are you even checking their actual feedback for red flags as well? Most of us on these boards won't buy from sellers with less than a  99%+ rating. That Indian store you bought from has atrocious feedback at 87.1%.

I order to be be covered by the MBG, are you opening disputes promptly and not negotiating back and forth with a seller? If the seller wants the item back, are they sending you upfront postage in order to facilitate this? 

Ebay has been this way for a very long time - the more "trustworthy" days of this site were probably pre-2010.

I encourage people to purchase direct from Australian sellers and support our domestic economy.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I've been on ebay for over 20 years too and there were definitely a few dodgy sellers back then too.

I loved ebay then for the quirkiness and individuality of a lot of the items and some good prices. Nowadays a lot of it is just mass produced stuff you can get anywhere and it is saturated with Chinese sellers, which was never the case back in the day.

But on the plus side, I have found sellers have massively lifted their game in regards to posting times (in the past, even when you eventually got something, the sellers took their own sweet time to post, often 2 weeks). I personally got sick of having to prod them along nicely by asking if it was posted & I was relieved when the estimated dates came in.

Plus now, if an item doesn't arrive, you can make an ebay or paypal claim for it. I wish that had been the case in the past, you used to pay and cross your fingers.

There are a lot of other places to buy from these days but if you do use ebay, I'd recommend checking it really is an aussie located seller and reading feedback so you can dodge any bullets there too.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

that is very correct

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Buy a fridge

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

thanks for the advice

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

What is your advice for the OP?

check feedback before buying?

Avoid seller’s whose feedback shows they are useless, so do not support them to keep going?

Use all the tools eBay gives buyers to get your money back if things do go sour?

Don’t forget to log in with the correct id 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply