eBay cheating and lying on refunds. BUYER BEWARE!

The seller sent a used item which had been falsely described as "New". The seller accepted my return. The seller could not send a return postage label. The seller asked for a copy of the return postage receipt in order to refund the return postage. eBay instructed me to return the item by tracked postage. I followed eBay's instructions, and paid for the reurn postage. The seller has receved the item, and refunded GBP15.00 to my Paypal Account. There is no other refund amounts.

The eBay "Return Request" page has removed some information, an now simply states that "This return is now completed The seller refunded GBP 25.77 to your original payment method in PayPal." That is a lie, and by following eBay's instructions,  I am considerably out of pocket for the balance of the original cost PLUS the entire return shipping cost. Contacting eBay by phone I was unable to resolve the issue. One operator passed me to another who has now passed me to a third.

Seems the moral of the story with eBay is that if the item is not as described, TOUGH LUCK!

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: eBay cheating and lying on refunds. BUYER BEWARE!

Another member has said that my complaint is thus far unprecedented. I doubt that! I would expect that any similar complaint would, like this thread, be buried in an avalanche of false assertions and confusion from "experienced members".

@ajf160959 wrote:

The seller sent a used item which had been falsely described as "New". The seller accepted my return. The seller could not send a return postage label. The seller asked for a copy of the return postage receipt in order to refund the return postage. eBay instructed me to return the item by tracked postage. I followed eBay's instructions, and paid for the reurn postage. The seller has receved the item, and refunded GBP15.00 to my Paypal Account. There is no other refund amounts.

The eBay "Return Request" page has removed some information, an now simply states that "This return is now completed The seller refunded GBP 25.77 to your original payment method in PayPal." That is a lie, and by following eBay's instructions,  I am considerably out of pocket for the balance of the original cost PLUS the entire return shipping cost. Contacting eBay by phone I was unable to resolve the issue. One operator passed me to another who has now passed me to a third.

Seems the moral of the story with eBay is that if the item is not as described, TOUGH LUCK!

The cost of tracked return postage from Australia to the UK for a parcel weighing 600g is Australian Dollars $51.72 with Australia Post. That is Standard International postage and is the cheapest price for a tracked parcel.
There was no screenshot attached to my first post, and nowhere does it say that I received a payment of GBP15 from the seller for return postage. 
eBay falsely claims I received a refund of GBP25.77 whilst my Paypal Account and Credit Card Statement clearly show I received a refund of only GBP15 (converted to AUD$26.43).
The missing balance of the refund for the original purchase cost  is GBP10.77 (approximately AUD$17.58).
To be more precise than the AUD$75 I estimated earlier, I am out of pocket the entire return postage of AUD$51.72 plus the missing balance of AUD$17.58 equalling AUD$69.30.
I provided hi-resolution photos to the seller showing damage to the item, and provide photos of an identical genuine new item showing no damage. The type of damage demonstrated that the item I received was not new. The damage was caused by the cover of the item being opened for either repairs or adjustments. The type of damage was deliberate and could not have been caused by any other means. The seller did not claim that the damage was as found on a new item. 
The seller agreed to the return and stated that he would refund the full amount of the purchase cost and the return shipping. I informed the seller of the costs. Both the seller and eBay instructed me to send the item back. That is the great scam. The seller now questions why I sent the item back saying I should have kept it. It's true; I would have been much better off if I didn't return the falsely-described item and simply threw it in the bin.
Message 51 of 68
Latest reply

I should also inform readers that the seller states in a message that he contacted eBay and came to an arrangement with eBay. Let this be a warning. If the eBay telephone operators keep passing you on to other operators and give the impression that they don't understand, or they speak incomrehensible loud and fast, you have probably been scammed by eBay's cheating and lying.

Message 52 of 68
Latest reply

@ajf160959 wrote:

There was no screenshot attached to my first post, and nowhere does it say that I received a payment of GBP15 from the seller for return postage. 
______________________________________________________________________________________________

There most certainly was a screenshot in your first post, I and other members seem to have no difficulty in remembering it, why do you?        It was moderated due to personal details in it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 53 of 68
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@ajf160959 wrote:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

There most certainly was a screenshot in your first post, I and other members seem to have no difficulty in remembering it, why do you?        It was moderated due to personal details in it.

If there was a screenshot attached to the first post, it was not attached by me and I never saw it. Perhaps you could describe the screenshot in words that wouldn't divulge any personal information. lyndal1838 says the screenshot showed a PAYMENT by the seller of GBP15 for return postage. No such page exists anywhere.

Message 54 of 68
Latest reply

But I can't help but get overwhelmed when I disagree with myself Woman Surprised

Message 55 of 68
Latest reply

@ajf160959 wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

@ajf160959 wrote:

If there was a screenshot attached to the first post, it was not attached by me and I never saw it. Perhaps you could describe the screenshot in words that wouldn't divulge any personal information. lyndal1838 says the screenshot showed a PAYMENT by the seller of GBP15 for return postage. No such page exists anywhere.

There was actually nothing personal in the screenshot that has not been disclosed here ad nauseum. 

It stated that the OP had received a Payment of GBP15.00.....nothing else.

I am actually at a loss to understand why it was necessary to remove it as it contained only the bare minimum of information, all of which the OP stated in the post it was attached to.

All the screenshot did was clarify for the readers that the money was a payment, not a refund.

Message 56 of 68
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@ajf160959 wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

@ajf160959 wrote:

There was actually nothing personal in the screenshot that has not been disclosed here ad nauseum. 

It stated that the OP had received a Payment of GBP15.00.....nothing else.

I am actually at a loss to understand why it was necessary to remove it as it contained only the bare minimum of information, all of which the OP stated in the post it was attached to.

All the screenshot did was clarify for the readers that the money was a payment, not a refund.

Thanks. That is interesting. I did not attach the screenshot if there was one, and have not seen it. Can you tell me the website that the screenshot showed (Paypal, eBay?), or computer screen or paper? I'm sure that for you to be so persistent in making your false assertions the screenshot must have had some authority.

Message 57 of 68
Latest reply

@ajf160959 wrote:

Thanks. That is interesting. I did not attach the screenshot if there was one, and have not seen it. Can you tell me the website that the screenshot showed (Paypal, eBay?), or computer screen or paper? I'm sure that for you to be so persistent in making your false assertions the screenshot must have had some authority.

Nobody else could possibly have attached that screenshot, perhaps to refresh your memory you should contact the moderator that removed it and ask nicely if they would kindly email it to you.............problem solved.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 58 of 68
Latest reply

Hello, all. This thread is getting more and more off-topic and interpersonal. This thread is about buying experience, not a screenshot. Remember a thread might be locked or removed if it doesn't adhere to the policy. Thanks.

Message 59 of 68
Latest reply

I find myself wondering - if there was no screen-cap in the original post, exactly what was it that mc_remington edited? Seller ID, e-mail address, other contact details?

Message 60 of 68
Latest reply