eBay cheating and lying on refunds. BUYER BEWARE!

The seller sent a used item which had been falsely described as "New". The seller accepted my return. The seller could not send a return postage label. The seller asked for a copy of the return postage receipt in order to refund the return postage. eBay instructed me to return the item by tracked postage. I followed eBay's instructions, and paid for the reurn postage. The seller has receved the item, and refunded GBP15.00 to my Paypal Account. There is no other refund amounts.

The eBay "Return Request" page has removed some information, an now simply states that "This return is now completed The seller refunded GBP 25.77 to your original payment method in PayPal." That is a lie, and by following eBay's instructions,  I am considerably out of pocket for the balance of the original cost PLUS the entire return shipping cost. Contacting eBay by phone I was unable to resolve the issue. One operator passed me to another who has now passed me to a third.

Seems the moral of the story with eBay is that if the item is not as described, TOUGH LUCK!

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Thanks. That is interesting. I did not attach the screenshot if there was one, and have not seen it. Can you tell me the website that the screenshot showed (Paypal, eBay?), or computer screen or paper? I'm sure that for you to be so persistent in making your false assertions the screenshot must have had some authority.

eBay does not notify you of funds received....it was paypal.

There is nothing false about it....other members have seen the screen shots.

Message 61 of 68
Latest reply

All I saw was the PayPal transaction which was removed #7

Then again I'm one of the 3 blind mice.

Message 62 of 68
Latest reply

Yes, that screengrab remained for a long time after the first one disappeared.

Message 63 of 68
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. As a reminder discussion of edited/deleted posts is prohbited.

As per Gewens' previous posts, please remain on topic and communicate with a more civil tone. Thanks!

Message 64 of 68
Latest reply

I don't think I've ever seen a thread with so much moderation. I for one and so glad they are keeping an eye on this thread.

OP, there is a difference between a payment and a refund. What did the subject of the email you received from PayPal say? That will indicate whether they have hit the refund button or whether the seller sent a payment instead. Some sellers will send a payment rather than a refund so as the buyer doesn't incur any fees. If you can let us know the subject line of the email PayPal sent that will give everyone a clearer picture of how the payment was sent and can then hopefully advise you further.

Message 65 of 68
Latest reply

You are flogging a dead horse Tippy.

Most of us know that there was one payment of GBP15.00 presumably for the return postage and a full refund of GBP25.77 for the item cost and original postage.

Unfortunately the OP does not understand the difference.

Message 66 of 68
Latest reply

atati65
Community Member

same with me. their refund process is doubtful

Message 67 of 68
Latest reply

Screenshot_20211011-234913_Google.jpgScreenshot_20211011-234549_Google.jpgScreenshot_20211011-234611_Google.jpgScreenshot_20211011-234721_Google.jpg

Message 68 of 68
Latest reply