is this item fake?

sezeling
Community Member

hi guys

i just bought an item at a ridiculously low price (200$ with free postage) while fair market price should be somewhere around 600$.

basically it is a ferrari resin model made by bbr and i check the detailed description and make sure everthing is ok, i paid via paypal and the item support paypal money back policy as well. the feedback of this seller is 100% and it seems fine but i am still worried since it is almost impossible to buy such a bargain!! i am quite good at model cars and there is no way they make something copycat to replace the authentic ones, so what should i do? is this fake for obvious reasons or should i wait since the seller just mark it as shipped?

Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: is this item fake?

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=turnbull082011&myworld=true&items=...

clearly they did   scammer confirmed,  he also afraid of replying paypal request, hence refund would be available automatically in 4 days. 

Message 71 of 93
Latest reply

He's sold 35 of those cars. I bet all of them don't get a refund. Mostly because they don't know they can. The first neg left mentioned seller refused a refund, so there's at least one (that wasn't for a car though).

Message 72 of 93
Latest reply

So sad to see buyers being ripped off like this.  I would think a fairly high percentage of those buyers are lost forever,  If only eBay took into account how these 'Buyer Experiences' damage the eBay Brand - I still maintain eBay should be honest and ethical and go into damage control and automatically refund the buyers in these circumstances.  By doing so, they would probably actually save all those buyers and turn what could be a negative experience into a quite positive one and it would do wonders to boost buyer confidence - a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees, well IMO . . . . . . .

Message 73 of 93
Latest reply

That's the thing, some of those buyers will be lost forever because we're not talking a few dollars here. A lot of people will wear a few bucks, but when we're talking a few hundred, that's enough to turn anyone off if they think they've done their dough.

It is quite sad that they don't just automatically refund. It's not like eBay would be losing any money. The seller would have withdrawn the funds as soon as they could, so eBay won't be getting paid the fees. By not refunding, they're still not getting paid their fees.

Message 74 of 93
Latest reply

glad that i chose paypal resolution center and escalated it directly to claim immediately hence no room for seller to deceive and make fake excuses...since i saved all  original evidence...

Message 75 of 93
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

That's the thing, some of those buyers will be lost forever because we're not talking a few dollars here. A lot of people will wear a few bucks, but when we're talking a few hundred, that's enough to turn anyone off if they think they've done their dough.

It is quite sad that they don't just automatically refund. It's not like eBay would be losing any money. The seller would have withdrawn the funds as soon as they could, so eBay won't be getting paid the fees. By not refunding, they're still not getting paid their fees.

But that's really what it all comes down to isn't it - eBay losing dosh !  They'd have to refund out of their own slush fund because yes, the seller would be long gone with the funds !!  eBay should really take action against such sellers as they have all the records . . . . . . . . . .

Message 76 of 93
Latest reply

I have just spoken to eBay and used this thread as an example of cases where I believe they should take action and look after the buyer, given that many buyers are only casual members and do not know what actions are available to them to recoup their money. 

I have also suggested, if eBay staff were to actually read some of the discussions here, firstly, they would realise from many of the 1st and 2nd posts, many members think they are communicating with eBay themselves !  They would also get some insight into how members actually feel !

I did also have some other suggestions, but off topic, so will save them for another thread Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 93
Latest reply

Sorry,  had to be done     

Message 78 of 93
Latest reply

Hahaha and another 10 kudos for that one !!

Yeah I know, was thinking the same thing myself - but, but but, she did ask me to hold several times while she took notes so she could pass on my comments (no doubt to the trash can !)

Tears of laughter.jpg

Message 79 of 93
Latest reply

Hold?   Oh dear......................

Message 80 of 93
Latest reply