refund

I recemtly purchased a dress that in the listing had a stock photo as image,it was described as only worn once.When I received it its obvious it has been washed (dry clean only) the colors are faded and the pleated overskirt has dropped in places.I msg seller saying it was not as described she said no refunds thats a risk you take.I opened a dispute giving the details,yesterday the case was found in her favour,I rang ebay and was told the dress was used as described in listing Case Closed.I am out of pocket $40 and have a dress which is **bleep**.Do I have any recourse or not.Thanks

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

refund

Ring eBay and report her for using a stock photo on a secondhand item. That can only be used for Brand New.

If you paid with Paypal, open a Paypal dispute. Item not as described. Photos are part of the description.

If you paid with a credit card you can open a dispute through your bank- but only open one, dispute at a time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

refund

If you are going through Paypal be very specific about what has happebed. Bullet point what was said in the listing, ie. stock photo of new item used, seller says only worn once, anything else that the seller said like it was in good condition then be as precice with the faults, it has been washed when it is  dry clean only, it was not the exact garment shown in the picture and anything else that does not tally with the description.

If you are turned down come back here, there is a tried and true method of taking a Paypal claim further but you have to doo it right if you want to win, We can talk you through it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Thanks for the replies I rang ebay and told them she had used a stock photo and it was against their policyalso all of what you said,  they weren't interested she said you can appeal but nothing wrong with the listing.I asked about ebay money back gaurantee for not as described and was told if seller had no returns they don't have to accept it.I have another acc with over 4000 feedback and I always give refunds it's just easier to do that.If I have had the case closed through ebay then I can't claim through paypal can I, suppose this has been an expensive lesson that ebay don't uphold their rules and really don't care.

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

refund

I'd be asking to speak to a supervisor

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

refund

To me, it sounds as if the ebay reps are fixated on the fact it is a second hand item and was described as second hand in the ad.

I am not sure what the seller has said, maybe that you expected new and she had described it clearly as second hand.

I do think you need to ring again and ask to speak to a supervisor and I think you have to focus on the fact the frock has significant damage that was not described in the ad and not shown in the photos.

Don't even get into how it is a stock photo & that may be against ebay policy, don't side track things. If they have a look themselves at the ad while you're on the phone, then you can say the photo is not a photo of the one you got because yours has fading, fallen hemline etc

Can you take any photos of the damage and offer to send them through to show what you mean?

Good luck.

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

refund

@wendymac54 wrote:

Thanks for the replies I rang ebay and told them she had used a stock photo and it was against their policyalso all of what you said,  they weren't interested she said you can appeal but nothing wrong with the listing.I asked about ebay money back gaurantee for not as described and was told if seller had no returns they don't have to accept it.I have another acc with over 4000 feedback and I always give refunds it's just easier to do that.If I have had the case closed through ebay then I can't claim through paypal can I, suppose this has been an expensive lesson that ebay don't uphold their rules and really don't care.

You never used to be able to, it was one or the other, but I think that changed when eBay sold off PayPal (last year or the year before). If you have no luck with an eBay dispute, once it's closed you can open a PayPal dispute. I don't think you can open a PP dispute then open an eBay dispute, so always best to go the eBay route first.

Don't give up. It's very rare that a buyer loses a dispute. Do as PJ suggested then come back and let us know where you're up to.

Oh, FYI, no returns only applies to change of mind. If it's not as described, no returns means nothing. EBay should know that.

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Thanks I will give it another try tomorrow I have to calm myself down first.I think you are right that was all she kept saying that it was preowned so was described accurately was not interested when I said what was wrong with it.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Tippy is right about the dispute system.   Open an ebay dispute first and only when that fails or is closed can you open a paypal dispute.

The final step is a chargeback through your credit card or Visa debit card if that is how you funded the transaction.

The only restriction is that each dispute must be closed before you can open the next one.

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

refund

001.JPG002.JPGWell I just rceived a msg saying my appeal was not successful case is closed no further correspondence.This is the dress I received am I being pedantic or should I pursue this.

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply