refund

I recemtly purchased a dress that in the listing had a stock photo as image,it was described as only worn once.When I received it its obvious it has been washed (dry clean only) the colors are faded and the pleated overskirt has dropped in places.I msg seller saying it was not as described she said no refunds thats a risk you take.I opened a dispute giving the details,yesterday the case was found in her favour,I rang ebay and was told the dress was used as described in listing Case Closed.I am out of pocket $40 and have a dress which is **bleep**.Do I have any recourse or not.Thanks

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

refund

I would definitely neg the seller, but wait until you see the outcome of the PayPal dispute. She's low feedback, so a neg and 1 star for everything will hurt her badly. Don't leave it any longer than 59 days after the sale date though. After day 60 you can no longer leave feedback.

I'd love to be a fly on her wall. She certainly won't be expecting you to open another dispute. She thinks she's got away with it. Knowing how easy she thinks it was, it will only be a matter of time until she does it to someone else.

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Do as Lyndal says and emphasize that the dress you received was wrecked-be specific eg faded, pleats fallen out, hem down in sections, faded- and those faults were not mentioned in the listing and the photo was not of the actual dress you received.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Good luck with all of this.

Please come back and tell us of the outcome.

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Thanks for  all the support  I have opened a paypal dispute spoke to a rep and have escalated to a claim should know outcome by the 10th.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Well I just received a msg from paypal saying to send the dress back and they were issuing a refund as soon as she receives the dress back.I have never done this before does the seller refund me or does paypal.Thanks to everyone for your help and advice.Have a good night.

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

refund

You will receive the refund through paypal but it will be taken from the seller's account.

As soon as you opened the dispute the money was put on hold in the sellers account so you could be refunded.

Did you take advantage of the paypal offer of return postage being paid?  Make sure you adhere strictly to the time they have given you to return the dress or all bets are off....you will not get the refund.  And send it to the address given to you by paypal with tracking.

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

refund

It said in the msg from paypal I was responsible for return postage, do I pay it and then claim back off them?

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

refund

No, you'll lose the postage cost. You should have signed up for the free return post with PayPal before opening the dispute.

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Tippy is right...if you did not opt into the paypal return postage promotion before opening the dispute you will need to pay it yourself.

Dont forget to pay for online trackable postage.....it is important or the seller may be able to say she did not receive it.

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

refund

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Dont forget to pay for online trackable postage.....it is important or the seller may be able to say she did not receive it.

Just wanted to add to this that being able to prove the address the parcel was sent to can be important when it comes to PayPal - if you just post over the counter at the PO, you'll get a tracking number but nothing that shows the address. If you have a printer, you can generate a label online and either print a duplicate for your own records and proof, or save a copy of the PDF, which you can then supply either a scan or screen shot of to PayPal if required, or at least take a snap if you hand-address something like a pre-paid satchel. 

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply