refund

I recemtly purchased a dress that in the listing had a stock photo as image,it was described as only worn once.When I received it its obvious it has been washed (dry clean only) the colors are faded and the pleated overskirt has dropped in places.I msg seller saying it was not as described she said no refunds thats a risk you take.I opened a dispute giving the details,yesterday the case was found in her favour,I rang ebay and was told the dress was used as described in listing Case Closed.I am out of pocket $40 and have a dress which is **bleep**.Do I have any recourse or not.Thanks

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

refund

What's the item number for the original listing? Don't mention the sellers name, just the item number. That way we can see what a new one looks like and how their description compares.

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Sorry meant to put that   272547481356.

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

refund

What a gorgeous dress...it is the sort of thing I would have worn 40 years ago....these days my granddaughters would love it and look stunning in it.

On the other hand I would not give houseroom to the dress you received.   It looks like it was washed in the washing machine in water that was too hot.  It has ruined the pleating and generally looks like a rag.  I doubt that there is anything you could do to resurrect it to make it fit to wear.

You need to fight tooth and nail on this one.   It was not very expensive but in this case it is the principal of the thing.   No-one in their right mind would have bought it if she had posted a picture of the actual item.

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Yes Lyndal I thought it was beautiful to so bought it for my daughter very disappointed.Ebay have wiped there hands of it so I don't think I am going to get any help there.Can I go the paypal route now?

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

refund

The seller obviously doesn't understand the rules, no returns means a seller can refuse to accept returns for change of mind, not for defective items.

Yes you can now open a Paypal dispute. If the paid for returns promotion is still active make sure you sign up for it before you open the dispute and then I would proceed the way I suggested earlier.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Defintely open an INR through PayPal. The dress you received is nothing like the dress in the photo. I can't believe anyone could think they'd get away with that.

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

refund

How is it that everyone else can see the dress is rubbish but ebay cannot.Rang again yesterday thought I would give it one more try sent more photos was told seller said yes dress had been washed it was used what do you expect.This morning I received a msg from ebay saying the dress was secondhand in future ask questions before buying.,they are not interested in the photos or anything I say.Is this seller someone special I have to wonder.Going to start Paypal INR today hopefully better outcome.Can I leave neg feedback for seller.

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

refund

You need to do an Item not as Described dispute.....not an INR.

Stress that the photo was of a new item and the item you received was very much used...and WASHED when the listing states dry cean only.

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Okay thanks Lyndal will give it a shot I know its not a great amount but its just made me angry ebay won't listen even after sending photos there not interested.This must be a first that there siding with a seller.

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

refund

It really isn't a first, that is just the perception, sellers are less likely to come on the boards to say they have won a dispute than buyers are because they have lost one, the seller doesn't need any help, the buyer does.

I am pretty sure that if you proceed in the way I advised you will get your money back in the end. Just remember to be super nice to the Paypal rep, you want them on your side after all, a few crocodile tears if you have to get bumped up the chain help too lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 37
Latest reply