refund

I recemtly purchased a dress that in the listing had a stock photo as image,it was described as only worn once.When I received it its obvious it has been washed (dry clean only) the colors are faded and the pleated overskirt has dropped in places.I msg seller saying it was not as described she said no refunds thats a risk you take.I opened a dispute giving the details,yesterday the case was found in her favour,I rang ebay and was told the dress was used as described in listing Case Closed.I am out of pocket $40 and have a dress which is **bleep**.Do I have any recourse or not.Thanks

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

refund

Just to let  all who helped me know finally received full refund from paypal today for the dress.I left neg feedback for the seller but it is not showing on there page would this be because ebay ruled in their favour.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

refund

You got a full refund so the dispute was ruled in your favour, not the seller's.

There are some things that cannot be said in feedback....did you mention a dispute or use profanity?

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

refund

No Lyndal no swearing or mention of dispute, I wrote "Dress was rubbish looked more like a dead unicorn." When I done it I thought it had gone through but when I looked at her feedback it wasn't there.

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Hi Lyndal I msg ebay last night asking why feedback was removed and received answer this afternoon  "The dispute through ebay was found in the sellers favour therefore any feedback left will be removed so there is no detriment to the seller as they were found to be in the right"

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

refund

Smiley Surprised  You have to be kidding!!   The seller got away with sending that horrible dress that in no way matched the description?

It would seem that you have been refunded with paypal funds and the seller has kept her money.   That is absolutely disgraceful.

The only good part of it is that you have your refund.....but the seller is laughing all the way to the bank.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

refund

The way I understand it, an eBay MBG request was opened and found in the seller's favour, so then a PayPal dispute was opened and found in the buyer's favour, so it's more than likely the seller did have to pay for the eventual refund, it's just a shame the seller was protected via the MBG outcome. It's one of those things that's automated and universal in such circumstances, and other sellers who deservedly win eBay disputes should be protected (a bit like when a seller opens and closes UPIs, thus preventing FB from being left - great in most cases, not so great when the buyer didn't pay for a good reason). 

I'm assuming the MBG dispute was found in the seller's favour because they just said the dress was used, but didn't actually clarify the condition (unfortunately, saying it was worn / washed once only implies good to near-perfect condition, but doesn't explicitly state it - not good, if there's no explicit condition (aside from the 'pre-owned selection in specifics), then implied condition should have counted IMHO). 

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

refund

I do hope you're right Digi....but it is very wrong that the feedback was removed.

The more I read about the MBG the more I think it is most unfair to sellers and buyers.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply