Germaine Greer

Have just been listening to an interview on ABC 24 and she called Juliar Gillard an organ grinders monkey the way she dressed. Here was this wrinkled stick with a head of hair that looked like she had put her hand in the power socket critisizing how another person looked. I personally have never admired this loud, overbearing feminist.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 1 of 227
Latest reply
226 REPLIES 226

Re: Germaine Greer

@boris1gary wrote:

newstart, please don't take this as an interpersonal insult to you and this is not intended to be mean in any interpersonal way, but your signature re: the tongue

is this meant only for others, because I find some of your posts very hurtful to others and it just makes me wonder.

I do not mean for this to be taken as anything but a genuine question.

thanks

Woman Happy

i am not insulted, i write my posts with complete honesty and my view on what i think. I do find some posters take comments made by not only me but everyone out of context.

Most of my comments are generalised without finger pointing at anyone although I will answer a post with a definate view if I disagree with what someone has said.

This is called debate and I though this forum was for debate.

I also write mostly with "tongue in cheek" as I don't like to be to serious on here.

Maybe I will change my signature at the bottom, now there's a post I will start for suggestions.

Message 31 of 227
Latest reply

All because she was envious of men's appendages, no wonder men shunned her and the more she got shunned the more envious she became.

Where as a woman with femininity intact can have any amount of said appendage at her beck and call

Please.

Go and educate yourself.

Greer was never envious of 'appendages', yours or anyone elses. She was quite an enjoyer of the male appendage in her time and never made any secret of it but she didn't want to be a man.

Feminism is not about wanting to be a man - it is about having the same rights as men.

Message 32 of 227
Latest reply

Greer was very scathing and smart mouthed about Julia Gillards style of dress on Q&A it would appear since the outrage she has made excuses and back peddled regarding her comments about Julia Gillard's dress sense.

Message 33 of 227
Latest reply

poddster, i have read it an read it...., I will say one thing though - you take wonderful photo's.

Woman LOL

Message 34 of 227
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

So neither of you want to answer the question.  Says a lot.

Still no answers?

To answer my question would probably mean that you would be admitting that you disagree with yourselves.    Smiley LOL

Message 35 of 227
Latest reply

Break it down to smaller portions and digest each portion before gulping down the next portion 🙂

And maybe you can employ the assistance of some of the other posters here 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 36 of 227
Latest reply

Or it could mean that you have not accepted my answer as presented, perhaps because it does not fit into you line of thinking 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 37 of 227
Latest reply

poddster wrote:, no wonder men shunned her and the more she got shunned the more envious she became.

really?  As far as I know Germaine always had whole pack of admirers, and still does.  She was beautiful, and not all men want a shrinking violet for a partner.  Actually, nowadays most interesting men want a strong woman standing on her own feet. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 38 of 227
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

Or it could mean that you have not accepted my answer as presented, perhaps because it does not fit into you line of thinking 🙂

You have not yet answered this question:-

Answer this, do you feel the same way about the GG?   Before you answer, do you know that she was and still is one of the fiercest feminists in the country?

Remember this is what you said:-

I refer to attitude and all a person has to do is open their mouth and out it pours,  thats when regardless of phisical appearence Ugly shines through.

Message 39 of 227
Latest reply

@***super_nova*** wrote:

poddster wrote:, no wonder men shunned her and the more she got shunned the more envious she became.

really?  As far as I know Germaine always had whole pack of admirers, and still does.  She was beautiful, and not all men want a shrinking violet for a partner.  Actually, nowadays most interesting men want a strong woman standing on her own feet. 

Here's a question -  I have looked but have not found any evidence of her ever having a partner ?

Message 40 of 227
Latest reply