My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

Well done Mr. and Mrs. Freddie, I am so very happy for you, it's all gone so well and you will feel and be so much more settled ... xxx

bear1.jpg

Message 311 of 6,720
Latest reply

Bushies, I looked at your bathroom photo and thought for a moment that it was from my old house in Darwin. It wasn't, but it was very similar.

The pork is now cooked and partly eaten 🙂 The crackling and gravy were particularly awesome. My son did it all by himself (with advice and a bit of stirring from me).

Tomorrow night's dinner, I think, is going to be cooked chicken mince served in Vietnamese spring rolls, and as san choy bow (mince in lettuce leaves). Both sound and look impressive, but are very simple ... have you thought about cooking dinner for your hubby?

Message 312 of 6,720
Latest reply

Bushies girl, I kind of like it the way it is.  You are keeping the doors and windows so it will still be a stunner.

Joono
Message 313 of 6,720
Latest reply

DSCN1052.JPG

This is the bathroom door, they just don't makr them like that any more, so it's definately a keeper   .....  

Message 314 of 6,720
Latest reply

We had doors like that in my old place but we let the demo company keep them.  The door handle plate looks the same too.

Joono
Message 315 of 6,720
Latest reply

Katy I think most bathrooms from the 40's look quite similar

Well done to you son, I personally don't like pork, but I think i am in the minority. Because of where live going out to the "big smoke" for lunch is a bit of treat, the food choices in my town are 2 pubs take away lol

I have never tried san chow bow, have always meant to try cooking it but jst havent ever got around to it.
Message 316 of 6,720
Latest reply

I love bubble glass, we have it on the front and back door of the sunroom, also the back door
Message 317 of 6,720
Latest reply

awww I'm feeling all nostalgic. My grandparents homes had the bubble glass, and one had stained glass pieces in her windows, and the same door handles. We had a huge green bath when I was a kid. I'd fill it up with cold water when I got home from school and play in it for hours.

Today I bought some bean, capsicum and strawberry seedlings to sacrifice to the Gods.

edit: fat fingers, can't type

Message 318 of 6,720
Latest reply

Wow Pimpy, happy growing, you almost have a whole salad there 🙂
Message 319 of 6,720
Latest reply

they will all die or get eaten by grubs Smiley Sad I suck at gardening.

Hubby goes crook when I buy plants. He says "why are you buying that for, you'll only kill it"Smiley Frustrated . He's away at the moment hence my spending spree. I also bought marigolds as a bug deterrent. I almost bought corn, but the pesky galahs would eat it.

Message 320 of 6,720
Latest reply