My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

Good morning all.  The heat really got me yesterday.  Anyway it's cooler this morning.

Freddie,  Mr F's condition is worrisome.  We (you and I somewhere hereabouts) were discussing stress the other day.  I would strongly urge him to take his tapemeasure to the doctor ASAP.  

Discussions on gardenias.  It's a tropical loving plant.  Love their perfume - from a delicate distance.  Used to have one outside a loungeroom window where the scent used to waft in.  Similar to that pest Jasmine (the rampant pink tinged one that is) just a hint of its scent is ok.

I like watching the US Open Golf for the azaleas in the background scenes under the protection of trees.  Every garden should have their own gems, and roses are the hit at Bushie's place.

Sandy, re-purposing is a pastime of mine and your cabinet looks very useful  for your scrapping storage ( It's always handy to have a fridge in the craft room.  Do you have a little coffee station all set up too?).  How did the wrong colour come about? In the old days, I remember a skewer (old knitting needle) being used as a dropper Smiley LOL  Remember too, when a straw from a broom was used to test the "doneness" of a cake?

Bluecat has your cold/chesty symptoms eased?  

I note joono is popping in now and then with her mediterranean-zonal garden info.  And there's Amber with some beautiful photography.

b3, good to hear you're up and walking with the pooches.  Is it a nice track like Freddie's?

Mirror, mirror on the wall - can I not see a fight after all?  Freddie, I think a mirror that matches the bathroom rather than the cane storage crate might be better.  

Just looking above my neighbours decrepit non watertight punt from here.  A deep red christmas bush has wended its way through the branches of a silver leafed Queensland watte.  What a beautiful contrast and yet toning of colours.

Still feeling a bit blerk so don't anticipate doing much today.  Better top up bird baths and check some soil moisture around the new seedlings.  

Oh and what's wrong with that passionfruit vine, bushie?  Doesn't fruit?  

DEB

Message 2611 of 6,720
Latest reply

https://enclosuretakerefuge.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/water-pavilion-for-birds1.jpg

Piccie of a pond that I want - and could have used myself yesterday.   Love it.  Picture from the Powerhouse Museum archives.

DEB

Message 2612 of 6,720
Latest reply

Just back from my walk into town with my new colouring agent - got the icing last night but couldn't get the colouring until the cake decorating shop opened this morning.

Deb, my craft shed is half a double garage that used to hold ballet costumes - my daughter teaches ballet and used to provide all costumes for competitions etc.  Frank lined that half of the garage and we put the old carpet in there when we got new stuff.  We also put the old airconditioner in there and a tv so it is a good set up.  I have an urn etc. but we tend to go for the cold drinks.  2, sometimes 3 other ladies come around every Monday.

We have a bbq tonight to celebrate a birthday and their anniversary in their brand new house so should be nice.  The man of the house does most of the cooking and he has built the bbq area to his high standards.  Do you believe - he even has a dish washer out there as well as one inside.  The only one I have walks on 2 legs Smiley Very Happy.

Best get this cake done ...

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 2613 of 6,720
Latest reply

@sandypas wrote:

Do you believe - he even has a dish washer out there as well as one inside.  The only one I have walks on 2 legs Smiley Very Happy.

Best get this cake done ...

How can we keep up with the Joneses?  An outdoor dishwasher; now I've heard of everything.  Kinda makes good sense though.  Better get him to patent the idea.

Smiley Very HappyDEB

Message 2614 of 6,720
Latest reply

Woo hoo, Sandy's got a greened post.  Celebratory drinks later on.  After, she's done the icing thingey correctly.

DEB

Message 2615 of 6,720
Latest reply

Bushie has 2 outdoor dishwashers, aka as German Shep or atm German Sheddders lol
Message 2616 of 6,720
Latest reply

Apart from a bit of a cough and lack of energy I'm pretty much all better, thanks, DEB. A friend of mine came over last night and we spent nearly all night drinking and talking, so, I am feeling a little bit tired today. lol.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 2617 of 6,720
Latest reply

Freddie, Mr F should get some rest and see someone about the cough and the back. If only to see if he needs something better than sinus meds. What Lyn says is a good point, could get worse without treatment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2618 of 6,720
Latest reply

Mr F's cough could come from sinus nasal blockage, dripping down into throat which causes irritation and a cough. That doesn't cause a chesty cough though. I have had the blocked sinus cough quite a bit over the last 3 years, never before that.

Only a Dr would know the cause of Mr F's symptoms though.

We have gardenia's (and lots of other plants) up our long shared driveway. Of the six Gardenia plants, only one seems to be doing well.

We have a narrow row of jasmine growing too.

sandy - I have a Yate's Garden Guide too. After I left home I was always asking Dad how to grow this vege or that and he bought me the Yate's Garden Guide...I will always keep it because he gave it to me.

Good the temps are a bit lower here today, but they are expected to soar again tomorrow.

Message 2619 of 6,720
Latest reply

The Jacaranda trees on the street verges are looking good at present. Are they grown in other states as well or mostly NSW?

CameraZOOM-20141121164121176.jpg

Message 2620 of 6,720
Latest reply