My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

It is an action that as a mother, I will never understand.

There are beautiful couples out there who would love, cherish and adore this baby.... I hope the baby never hears this story.

Such heartbreaking rejection and attempted murder within their first few days of life......brings tears to my eyes...Woman Sad

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 31 of 193
Latest reply

She obviously wasn't in the right state of mind to act rationally.
Message 32 of 193
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
She obviously wasn't in the right state of mind to act rationally.

Yes, exactly. Easy for us to judge on such little info and headlines that sell.

Message 33 of 193
Latest reply

What I am really concerned about is the health condition of the Baby. How much damage has been caused by this fall and how long has the Baby really been in that hole?

Five days without any food or drink for a newborn and still be alive seems a miracle.

We have only heard a small part of the story.

Erica Woman Sad

Message 34 of 193
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

955192-3x2-340x227.jpg

Safe Havens have been available in many countries for decades.  As usual Australia is way behind the times in regard to the welfare of children.

If they were in place it would reduce greatly the child abuse statistics also.

These sorts of "baby holes" were in Europe in churches & convents for centuries.  They are still there, and some are in use.   You would think that in this day and age people would not have the need to abandon baby.   And as other said there is no need for what the mother did, but who knows what happened.  Most likely she is mentally ill.  She also could not know how deep the drain was, the rescue workers had difficulties to remove the slab. 

It is amazing how resilient babies are; remember the babies that survived for much longer  when earthquake destroyed maternity hospital?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 35 of 193
Latest reply

And what's the business about the baby being wrapped in plastic as was reported at the outset and as is still included in international news?

Why plastic when no other consideration was shown to the child's life and suffering ?

Was there plastic wrapped around the baby's face initially?  Did the fall somehow rip the plastic from its face ?

Everything's going all PC and playing the creature who gave birth as some sort of victim

The child's the victim

Message 36 of 193
Latest reply

Quote:  "

Many members of her family watched today's court proceedings but they refused to comment outside of court.

The woman lives with her aunty, uncle and cousins in Sydney's west, court documents said, while her immediate family - her parents and siblings - live in Samoa.

Passersby outside court cried 'shame' as relatives crossed the street in Blacktown.

At the family's home on Monday morning, a male family member told Daily Mail Australia the past few days had been 'distressing' and joked about unleashing his hose on the media"

"

Police allege the Sydney mother charged with attempted murder after she dumped her newborn baby in a drain has made 'full admissions' to abandoning the baby boy.

The 30-year-old woman did not appear at Blacktown Local Court on Monday and remains in custody. She did not apply for bail through a lawyer and bail was formally refused.

The boy was discovered in a 2.4-metre deep drain in Quakers Hill in Sydney's West on Sunday morning.

Court documents state the child was placed there on Tuesday - less than 24 hours after he was born at Blacktown Hospital" end quote

Source:  Mail Online

So where did the woman's family imagine the baby to be ?

Message 37 of 193
Latest reply

And more questions:

Did the mother walk on foot to the hospital to give birth?  Or did someone drive her to the hospital ?

Did the mother walk out of the hospital on foot, babe in arms ?  Or did someone collect her and child from the hospital ?

Did the mother walk on foot to the dumping ground ?  Or did someone drive her there ?

How far from the mother's home to the spot where the child was thrown down a drain ?

How did the mother know about that particular spot ?

Why wasn't the child left somewhere where it could be discovered and taken into care ?

Surely there were places between the hospital and the woman's home where the child could have been left if the mother didn't want it ?  A supermarket ?  A church ?  A police station ?  Someone's doorstep ?

The chances of the child being discovered down the drain must have been millions to one -- yet down the drain was the spot chosen ?

Message 38 of 193
Latest reply

I don't always get news stories, unless I see them here, so hadn't heard

of this terrible one.

Why didn't she simply tell them at the hospital that she didn't want it?

They would have responded to that and made arrangements for the baby.

I also thought Samoans were  'family minded'

Message 39 of 193
Latest reply

Quote:

"

The baby's umbilical cord had been cut and clamped and he was wrapped in striped blankets similar to those issued in hospitals.

Mr Otte said the baby also had plastic around his body "   end quote

Sydney Morning Herald Nov 23  2014

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/baby-boy-found-down-drain-in-sydney-cyclist-who-found-newborn-says-screami...

Message 40 of 193
Latest reply