My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

My heart beaks

The mother has been charged with attempted murder ( according to news reports). Baby is in care of NSW Family and Community Minister.

Poor little baby, what a terrible start to life. I can never understand why these mothers dump their unwanted babies either.
Leaving the baby somewhere safe where he/she can be soon found by other people is not as bad.
Message 21 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@punch*drunk wrote:

I wonder if we will ever get the whole story. Where are any of her family I wonder? How do you give birth to a child and then get rid of it without friends or family noticing for several days, she is either very, very alone in this world or her family are aware of what happened, so why didnt they say or do anything? The whole thing is very hard to understand.

Doing family history research I often come across baptisms and registrations of foundlings. This is not a new problem, its been happening for centuries.

Only this bub was not a foundling.

Dumped for dead.

Now has become a foundling.

Message 22 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@azureline** wrote:

Poor bubby, so lucky he was found but I am not sure that he survived 5 days down the drain?

Some reports have said the mum handed herself in and the info came from her. Some said he was born in a hospital. Where is the father?

News last night said the mother was traced through the birth of the bub at Blacktown Hospital.

Message 23 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@polocross58 wrote:

And let's not forget snakes, seeking somewhere dark and cool

Oh cut it out.

Now I have the creepys.

Message 24 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Not really that much time for PND to set in.

Bub is only a few days old.

PND is in place before the birth.

Could have been worse.  The baby of Keli Lane has never been found, and that was not PND.

Message 25 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@polocross58 wrote:

Rats

Spiders

Flood waters

Animals

even a stray paedophile on the lookout for kids

Heat

Thirst

Hunger

Loneliness

Did the mother eat and/or drink while that baby lay there in the heat ?

Personally, I'm betting she did

Minute by minute

hour after dark, hot, hungry and thirsty hour

that tiny baby lay there

My opinion -- sterilize the mother in addition to pressing charges

Go Polo.

Message 26 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

My heart beaks

And it also BREAKS

Message 27 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

I can't judge the mothers actions.  But how traumatic for everyone involved, especially the bub.  

Not having been involved in birth/hospitals for 35 years, I am only recalling my own experience when the time came to go home.  

We had to have someone with us before they "released" us.  And I believe nowadays, an appropriate baby capsule for transport.

So now I'm assuming that this mother walked out of the hospital with the baby; if that is the case, was any social worker advised and an investigation into the whereabouts of mum and bub put in place?  And furthermore, can anybody take any baby and walk out?  

Alternately,  did the mother have nursing experience/knowledge of baby deliveries and had the baby elsewhere?  Was the baby a result of an unwanted man's attentions in the first place?  

Murky territory.  I hope the little fighter becomes part of a very safe, happy family.  - without any knowledge of its first days of life.

DEB

Message 28 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@polksaladallie wrote:

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Not really that much time for PND to set in.

Bub is only a few days old.

PND is in place before the birth.

Could have been worse.  The baby of Keli Lane has never been found, and that was not PND.

Thank you.

Forgive my lack of knowing.

Only have 1 - now 25 - 2 hour labour at 42 years old.

Had a very chirpy baby - old enough to give the housework etc a bit of a miss & spend a lot of time with her.

My mother used to worry - we had stairs - so would spend time going up & down - on tummies, bums, etc.

Never had a mishap on the stairs nor did we have to close them off.

Message 29 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

They are now saying, that she ( I'm not going to say Mother ) the person that gave birth to her has been charged

with attempted murder.  I think that will be ammended PND but let's hope that the little Baby finds a great loving home. It boggles the mind to think someone could do this. Why not take it to a hospital or anywhere , someones house, shopping centre etc,but a drain. For Gods Sake !!!!

Message 30 of 193
Latest reply