My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

Quote:

I advise you to never go to the city, because without doubt, you will pass by someone with schizophrenia.

They will be minding their business just as you will be doing.

You have a strange view of this illness.

----------------------------------

Oh no.  Au contraire

We're learning all the time

For example, we've learned today that we can have a paranoid schizophrenic episode which has been reported to the court

as CONTAGIOUS

AT  THE  TIME  !

We'll  remember that

Could come in very handy

And just as conveniently for the rest of us

The precedent has been SET !

We can all use it now in the future, should we choose

Further --- if there are as many paranoid schizophrenics in the community as you've claimed

AND if that is CONTAGIOUS --- as has been told the court by legal worthies

Then ANY of us could CATCH  temporary paranoid schizophrenia from those in the train or bus

and we could KILL someone in cold blood

AND escape much of the consequences

courtesy of the case currently being heard

Message 71 of 193
Latest reply

There is no point getting carried away. The mother of the baby has been located, is in jail, charged with attempted murder, bail denied (because she didn't appear to request it).

Medical examinations have been ordered.

Message 72 of 193
Latest reply

Not in answer to anyone in particular.

The picture given of the house is medium density housing.  There are 2 villas seen as one house with most likely 2 bedrooms each.  Generally, this type of housing is under the auspices of Public Housing. 

As Azureline has prompted, I have the feeling the woman may be a "sheltered" citizen of our society.

DEB

Message 73 of 193
Latest reply

That may well be the case

In which case, social services have some explaining to do

Will neighbours attest the woman gave no indication she was pregnant throughout nine  months, however ?

If they cannot, what about her family members who must have lived very closely ?

All of which begs the question yet again -- where did the woman's family imagine the baby went to, during the space of less than 24 hours, never again to appear ?

Message 74 of 193
Latest reply

Repetition.  The pregnancy was hidden.  Is that so hard to understand?

Message 75 of 193
Latest reply

I don't agree

It may well be that women who kill their children are rarely prosecuted

But I disagree that the vast majority of cases are the result of 'severe mental illness', any more than I agree that drugs and drink or temporary mental illness should be cited as 'responsible' for violent crime and murder

It's a contradiction to claim that a woman is so 'severely mentally ill' that on one hand she would murder her child (or attempt to)

yet is simultaneously sane enough to conceal the murder (or attempted murder)

Someone who is genuinely 'severely mentally ill' would be too far gone to traipse a distance to an isolate stretch of road to dispose of her child so that it will remain concealed and will not impact upon her own liberty

A genuinely 'severely mentally ill' individual is not canny enough to cover their tracks -- or even recognise a need to cover their tracks

Message 76 of 193
Latest reply

@polocross58 wrote:

That may well be the case

In which case, social services have some explaining to do

Will neighbours attest the woman gave no indication she was pregnant throughout nine  months, however ?

If they cannot, what about her family members who must have lived very closely ?

All of which begs the question yet again -- where did the woman's family imagine the baby went to, during the space of less than 24 hours, never again to appear ?

She lived with her aunt and uncle, her family are in Samoa......................

Some women keep pregnancies hidden.

Message 77 of 193
Latest reply

Are you writing a work of FICTION ?

Message 78 of 193
Latest reply

No need to be interpersonal because you disagree with anyone's opinion/facts.

Message 79 of 193
Latest reply

Are you? Very little  facts have been published (which is fair enough)... what are you basing your assumptions on?

Message 80 of 193
Latest reply