My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

@polocross58 wrote:

Where her parents live is irrelevant

In about six months (if I can be bothered)  I'll voice my opinions here about the existence of unicorns or how eating cupcakes is a sure-fire diet strategy

just for the fun of seeing the old ebay board regulars oppose for the sake of it

even when nothing they say makes an iota of sense, even to them

Off now to more mature discussion elsewhere online  .... 

Have fun........................... and you asked or made comments about her parents, I thought it was relevant.

Message 101 of 193
Latest reply

@*kazumi* wrote:

@2106greencat wrote:

You know what  -  no matter how depressed, how desperate, how scared that this mother may have been, she made achoice and chose her life over that of her baby.

Leave the baby with a neighbour, go chuck youself down a drain - that I could beleive and understand, but this "people with depression can't distinguish yada yada", she managed to distinguish who went in the drain.......

How do you know what she thought?  She may have been dazed, feeling sick, wondering around, maybe she took something ..................  Who knows why she did what she did but one thing is for sure,  person thinking rationally would not have done that.  Rational person would have given the baby up for adoption.  This has nothing to do with murderers who commit premeditated murder.  Or do you guys really think that she deliberately had the baby so she can tick it in the drain?  If she was rational, she would have known that there will be bad repercussions.  This is just a very sad story and while I feel sick in stomach by what this woman did, I feel even more disgusted by the lynch mob mentality of people judging her.

The fact remains we know nothing about this woman or her background. It is not totally beyond the realms of  possibitlity that she was delusional and believed the baby was evil or was a changeling of some kind that needed to be left in that drain so it could be claimed by its "real" parents. We joke about "voices in our head" but to people suffering from paranoid delusions those voices are as real as the voices coming out of a TV set or over the phone.

Message 102 of 193
Latest reply

My niece was pregnant with her second child and she showed no signs and had no idea up until she went to hospital with bad tummy pains and gave birth to a baby boy. She had terrible PND but throwing the baby down a drain did not cross her mind. I had sever PND with my second child and was a mess but throwing the baby down a drain did not cross my mind. No excuses imo

I'm guessing PND means "pregnancy and delivery" no idea what "imo" means. I wasn't making excuses though, and it's hard to wrap my mind around anyone doing this, but i suppose if someone was drugged out enough and not aware of their options, it's possible. Therefore, it takes all kinds. Humanity is capable of so much love, but to the oppisite extreeme, humanity is capable of so much hate or indifrence as well. Like in the song, "this is not a black and white world" its certainly not a fair world, and there seems to be no measuring stick to hold up against it.

Why is it some have it so easy, while others have it so hard, why is it that some throw away the gift of a child while others who can't have such a gift would litterally cut off an arm and a leg for that ability? Way of the world, sad fact of life. I've known some bad mothers, women who just dreaded being bothered with caring for their child, too young, they blame the child. just really messed up.

Then theres the mothers who put their children ahead of themselves as if they had no choice, on impulse, those who would face certain death themselves before putting even their grown children in danger. Then theres the gray areas. I've heard of this kind of thing before, maybe a few times, just don't surprize me is all, but then i am in my mid 40s, not much does anymore.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 103 of 193
Latest reply

I'm guessing PND means "pregnancy and delivery" no idea what "imo" means

PND stands for Post natal depression.

imo means in my opinion.

Message 104 of 193
Latest reply

PND means Post Natal Depression

Message 105 of 193
Latest reply

snap She-el.

Message 106 of 193
Latest reply

@daydream**believer wrote:

My niece was pregnant with her second child and she showed no signs and had no idea up until she went to hospital with bad tummy pains and gave birth to a baby boy.

She had terrible PND but throwing the baby down a drain did not cross her mind.

I had sever PND with my second child and was a mess but throwing the baby down a drain did not cross my mind.

No excuses imo

How do you know what your went through your neices mind? 

You had a husband.....we know nothing of this woman. PND hits in many ways,  ....don't be so quick to judge? 

Message 107 of 193
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

You know what  -  no matter how depressed, how desperate, how scared that this mother may have been, she made achoice and chose her life over that of her baby.

Leave the baby with a neighbour, go chuck youself down a drain - that I could beleive and understand, but this "people with depression can't distinguish yada yada", she managed to distinguish who went in the drain.......

And she managed pregnancy.

That happens occasionally - certainly not gardening.

9 damn months of it.

30 years old.

Oh give me a break on the mental stuff.

She had to have seen a GP in 9 months.

They on the whole are not entirely stupid ( sorry there is that no no \word )

Must admit I get a tad sick of hearing the reasons people do things.

Bad upbringing, yada, yada, yada., - excuses - excuses - excuses.

What ever happened to adults taking total responsibility for their actions ( yep, even hitting head on sand - excuse - no sign saying there was sand ).

Instead of just willy nilly expecting the damn gov or whoever to 'take charge'.

This is the reason the damn gov is broke.

3rd generation dole.

Thank you - have had my rave for the day - family will be pleased - will now leave them alone.

Message 108 of 193
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

@*pepe wrote:

nup i'm not buying pnd as a reason.

maybe post natal psychosis i would buy, but then again from everything i read about that when Andrea Yates killed her children it takes longer than 24 hours to manifest itself.

Summary

Postnatal depression (PND) affects some mothers in the days, weeks or months after giving birth. Symptoms may include lack of confidence, negative thoughts, feelings of being unable to cope or that life is meaningless, anxiety, difficulty sleeping and loss of appetite. Depression during pregnancy is called antenatal depression. Treatment may include support, therapy and medication.

Sometimes the mother wants nothing to do with her baby as soon as it is born.  There is no set "time limit".

i am well aware of post natal depression - i have lived it for some time twice.

There is a huge difference between not wanting anything to do with your baby and actively throwing him down a drain in a bid to kill him.

Message 109 of 193
Latest reply

PND does not differentiate.  It occurs in all social classes, rich and poor, married or not, happy or not. There is no known simple cause.  It is complex and every case is different.

Message 110 of 193
Latest reply