Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

For the Pete Seeger fans

I only just read this and thought I should share Originally from People's World Pete was a troubadour of the sweeping mass organisation of workers by the CIO during the Great Depression. He composed a premature rap, Talkin’ Union filled with humour a...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 18 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Meal ideas please

I have friends who are about to undertake another round of cancer treatments.I want to try to help out by cooking up a few things they can either use straight away or freeze for later.Any suggestions?

Resolved! Denying Climate Change Isn't Scepticism

Time we had another climate change thread. Maybe siggie will come out to play Denying climate change isn't scepticism – it's 'motivated reasoning'True sceptics test a hypothesis against the evidence, but climate sceptics refuse to accept anything tha...

• 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Queensland police tied to major drug trafficking

THE biggest corruption scandal since the Fitzgerald inquiry, with claims of police in major drug trafficking, is set to rock the force.The allegations centre on the Gold Coast and are believed to concern some members of the Queensland Police Service,...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Black Saturday 5 years today

Today will herald 5 years since those 170+ loved people lost their lives in the Black Saturday bushfires that ravaged Victoria.Today is a day of remembrance...please take time to think about those who lost their lives and give a special hug to those ...

• 8 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Macedonia To Chemically Castrate Peter Files

Macedonia's parliament adopted a law yesterday introducing chemical castration for repeat pedophile offenders and increasing jail sentences to life imprisonment. Social Policy Minister Dime Spasov said the chemical castration -- drugs administered to...

• 11 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Where wild things are.

I thought i would start a thread where people can post pictures of some of the wild critters which they find in their gardens. Only wild things, please. And preferably native wild things, so no kitties or puppies or kids (even though i know that thes...

bees 1.JPG bees 2a.JPG

Which book character are you?

I loved reading Heidi and Anne of Green Gables when I was young (and a few times later, as well). In answering some of the other threads here, I realized that I was in fact, like those characters. I too, had an affinity with older people in my life; ...

Knowing how you Oz folks like a beer...

...what about this ? Costs £50 (81 of your dollars I think), and has a warning label attached saying; 'This beer is strong - do not exceed 35ml in one sitting. At fifty quid a bottle though, I think I'll give it a miss. http://www.pastemagazine.com/a...

What scanners do we have here?

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/yes-were-laughing-at-your-naked-body-airport-security-officer-confesses-20140206-323cq.htmlHighlights the obvious issues with airport scanners...the article states those in the U.S. have been changed, to be...