measles scare at Perth Waldorf School

Vaccination clinic offer ignored after measles scare at Perth Waldorf School

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-09/measles-scare-perth-waldorf-school-snub-vaccine-clinic/8789550

i suppose these parents who dont believe in vaxinations also dont wear seatbelts, dont use sunscreen, look directly at the sun, cross roads with their eyes closed...ect ect

because they know better.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: measles scare at Perth Waldorf School

mloreason
Community Member
Wow if this thread had popped up here 10 years ago it would have had 500 posts and 20 people arguing by now and John would have been giving us statistics. lol

We vaccinate to protect our children and other people's children from becoming ill or dying from preventable diseases. Those against vaccination are selfish, misinformed individuals who have no consideration for other people.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

mloreason
Community Member
If you don't agree with me fine, say so. In words not with the report button.
Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

I agree with you. Mlor.   So does David, by the looks of things.

Spoiler
 Soooo, do they have apples. celery and walnuts at this school?

Spoiler

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

That's what I thought you meant but I'm glad you included the second spoiler. lol

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

Waldorf & Salad?

a53d8b422310ad8b0eecb75eb66c89cd.jpg

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

Vaccination clinic offer ignored after measles scare at Perth Waldorf School

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-09/measles-scare-perth-waldorf-school-snub-vaccine-clinic/8789550

i suppose these parents who dont believe in vaxinations also dont wear seatbelts, dont use sunscreen, look directly at the sun, cross roads with their eyes closed...ect ect

because they know better.

Oh for goodness sake.... what a ridiculous statement.... truly!

I'm all for a good debate, but making idiotic statements loses any credibility, I'm afraid.

Firstly, I am pro vacination... although I hold no immunity to those vacinations myself.  I have had measles, mumps, chicken pox. I have also had whooping cough about 4-5 times now. I had my last lot of boosters about 4 yrs, still my immunity levels (blood test) showed I'm not covered. Go figure!

Secondly, while I am pro-vaccination... I am also pro choice!  I am against forcing parents to inject their children with chemicals, especially when there is such a lot of controversy around them.

If you are one of these folk who believes that the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) always get it right and have our BEST INTERESTS at heart, then all I want to say is:  THALIDOMIDE!

Once marketed by approx 42 countries as SAFE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN AND NURSING MOTHERS!!!
Look how that turned out!!!  (I used to work with a nurse whose hands were deformed. She was a Thalidomide baby, born in Germany.... she was an excellent nurse though)

Thirdly:  One student with measles, hardly contends as a MEASLES OUTBREAK!!!!  smh!!!  Gawd, talk about media hype and scare mongering!

So, you can get on your high horse and scream from the roof tops all you like about the anti-vaxers..... But they have a place in this world just the same as the pro-vaxxers do, AND they have a right to disagree with modern medical interventions, whether we like it or not.

I respect their right to make a personal choice. I might not agree with it, but what right do we have to take away someone elses rights?
NONE!!!

Plenty of adults walking around without up to date vaccinations too, its not just children. You dont see the govt or other do-gooder groups OR arm-chair warriors, complaining about those adults...do you!!!

So , while its an important topic, lets keep it *adult*  can we please.

(thats my gripe... cheerio folks)

Man Wink

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

I'm not opposed to vaccinations but it's funny how things have changed since I was a kid. 

I remember being given the oral vaccine to combat polio, and vaccination against German measles in my teens, but getting any or all of the other kind of measles, mumps or chicken pox were seen as a part of growing up.  Presumably there was no vaccine for them in 'the olden days'. 😉

Now measles seems to be announced as a cause for panic.  Mind you, they often don't say what kind of measles.  If it's the German kind then it can be dangerous, especially for anyone pregnant.

We used to regard getting any of the above (except polio of course) as an excellent legitimate excuse to get out of school, and if you were lucky it might be for weeks. 🙂

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

You're lucky the polio vaccine was an oral vaccine.

When I was a kid, the vaccine was delivered via a needle the size and thickness

of a nine inch nail.

Every kid bled like a stuck pig and every kid had to be held down.

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

You're lucky the polio vaccine was an oral vaccine.

When I was a kid, the vaccine was delivered via a needle the size and thickness

of a nine inch nail.

Every kid bled like a stuck pig and every kid had to be held down.

I'll say I was lucky.  It was the Sabin type.  If only all vaccines could be given as liquid drops in a sugar cube.

You must have had the Salk type.

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply