Why are ther so many bogus sellers around for I pad air.........??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

That's a very good question .

Why aren't the fraudulent listings for non existent items listed by SCAMMERS  using copy/paste of real sellers' listings

being removed when reported ebay ?

sunild2004,

Have a look at this thread:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/iphone5s-scam-urgent/td-p/1306385

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks Silver. I have only just noticed this as my Mother was almost ready to buy an IP Air for $200 odd............I stopped her in time . But I am sure mant other individuals would leap at the opportunity...............

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I think you answered your own question here really. Why? because people are so gullible (greedy/stupid) to think they can actually buy one at that price. While people "jump at the chance" to buy, then these scammers will continue.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I was always told .......if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hi , is maybe because online auction sites conduct themselves as mediums of public domain marketing and supply of privately listed items and divorce themselves from as much responsibilty regarding the integrity of particular Seller as possible, similar to that of a bus driver who unknowingly transports a bank robber to His/her next job, one can not attribute blame for banking losses to the bus driver

However if the bus driver somehow has prior knowledge of a impending robbery then is obligated as a responsible citizen to report to appropriate authorities

So is maybe not the Selling medium that is the issue but the lack of a specific anti-corruption authority dealing with online auction fraudulent Sellers that needs addressing

I think to a certain extent Paypal avails themselves to resolving individual item issues , but if  supplementary support of a more independent nature is required that is more aggressive to deal with organized fraudsters then a willingness to submit to a levy based upon value of the won item to fund such an organization would be a good start , as funding greases all wheels of govt, commerce and indirectly, justice

So need:

Statistics to define losses and justify need

Plausible funding

Initial Govt advisory assistance or direct involvement

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Disagree rogespeed, its peoples stupidity that allows them to be ripped off. Its time people took responsibilty for their own stupidity/greed. You cant legislate against stupidity.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

With the first page of newly listed items often consisting almost entirely of FRAUDULENT listings from Scam IDs with 0 feedback,

Scam IDs with fake feedback and hijacked accounts, I think a newly registered member could be forgiven for not realising that every

single one is a SCAM.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Its the most popular item, it's the carrot, bait. Everyone wants it.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

WARNING these scammers at  it again selling ipad air for cheap , please do not buy from anyone with a 0 feedback rating. You may as well throw your money away. Dont get caught. The main culprits  are in WA and piggybacking on the reputable name Ausluck.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply