18% off last night - anyone sell anything?

I got an email earlier yesterday about some big eBay event at 6 pm last night.  I read something on here about an 18 years of eBay anniversary and they are giving 18% off storewide for two hours.

Unfortunately, I was busy with family obligations until past 9 pm and wasn't able to take advantage of this, but had hoped for some sales.

Nothing happened.  Did anyone else get any surge of sales?

I had also expected another email to arrive in my three inboxes for my accounts, to announce exactly what was happening, but there was such email, so I suspect a lot of people forgot about it?

This thread at OcBargain reveals what people were (or were not, in many cases) buying:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/331163?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily_n...

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: 18% off last night - anyone sell anything?

Nlot a single sale here either. Though I did stock up on packing supplies. My usual supplier was sold out of some items by 6.08pm.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Logged onto my ebay, saw the great ebay birthday promotion flashing everywhere to celebrate, had plenty of notice it was going to happen, bought lots as with plenty of notice and all the advertising on ebay could not miss it,  and was run off my feet with sales!!! Wait a minute, that was SUPPOSED to happen. Must have dreamt it.....Smiley Surprised  

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I had an unpaid auction item which was in my Cart when I added the other items.  That has been happening for some time now.  I have often been able to use promo discounts on auctions.

You need more than one paypal account if you want to use the promos on other accounts.

I was on a buying spree a few months back and used my limit of 2 transactions on this ID so went to my other one.  When I tried to check out paypal told me I had used the promo already.  That is how ebay controls the number of transactions....use the limit and that is it.

You don;t need more than one PayPal account, you just need to add the email addresses from other accounts into your existing PayPal. I think I've got 5 email addresses in my PayPal, so if a promo comes up where the account and email have to match, I can use it on all accounts. I was going in and changing my default email to whichever account I was using, but discovered the other night I didn;t need to do that. Just entering the alternate email address worked without making it the default.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Like a lot of things on this site rules seem to change.....I have had both email addresses on my paypal account since I opened the second account.  I was definitely told I had used the 2 transactions allowed for that promotion.

Oh well, I will try again next time if the occasion arises.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply