Account got suspended. Can someone advice me how to avoid this?

This ebay account I created on eBay.com. Now I'm in Australia and want to start selling on eBay.com.au. Even though my ebay account is 10 yers old and has good reputation as a buyer I only got 10 items per month limit or 5000 US dollars. 

Even I change my account location to Australia, my account limit value still shows in US dollars. So I tried creating a new account in ebay.com.au. For that new account, I received 100 item limit and 500 Australian dollar limit. As I wanted higher item limit than dollar value, I prefer this new account.

After I list a few items in my new Australian Ebay account, one buyer bought an item from me. After within 05 min of the purchase, I received an email saying my account is suspended. The email I reived had no exact reason mentioned for the suspension. 

here is some part of that letter.

After reviewing your eBay account, we've noted several concerns with your recent activity. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

While suspended, you won't be able to use eBay. Registering a new account may hinder any option to appeal to your account. If you would like to appeal this action, we need to verify your account information and your eBay activity directly with you.

01) I wonder why the account suspended as soon as someone purchased. The buyer was a new account opened in 2018 with one review. Did eBay suspect I use my own account to make the purchase?

02) I have used some photos send by my Alibaba supplier. They gave permission for that. Is this against eBay policy?

03) Can I continue to sell in Australia from my old account which was created on eBay.com? Or should I create a new account in eBay.com,au.   The selling limit is very lower in my old account than they allow in new Australian accounts. Even my account shows limit in US dollars.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

In all sincerity, the information posted on these boards by helpful members is worth more than any Sell On eBay And Make Millions! course ever run.

It's worth more than gold.

It's the result of experience and adaptability, because sellers here who have survived as sellers on eBay have had to adapt many things ... including in some cases the products being sold, return policy, method of postage, postage prices, and much much much much more. eBay keeps on changing... and as a result, eBay sellers cannot afford to be absolutely rigid.

Sometimes the advice will be given with exasperation, or will be wordy, or will be ultra-brief, or could be perceived as lacking sugar-coating. The tone doesn't matter; the advice is what matters. Take it, and you will have a better chance at being successful than you would by making mistakes of your own on eBay.

I agree with the adage that we learn through making mistakes, but that does not apply to fumbling around on eBay as a seller... because eBay has laid out its policies and its T&Cs and expects all of us, as eBay members, to be familiar with those policies. Transgressing eBay policies can and often does lead to consequences, all of which add up. Being unaware of a particular policy is not seen by eBay as a mitigating circumstance, because all of us tick the "I agree" box on the User Agreement, which ipso facto means we agree to the policies and terms and conditions.

I very, very strongly suggest that you that you read eBay's Help pages and Policy pages. They're very badly organised, and not properly searchable - which should be a priority of eBay's IT department... I think there's no communication between whoever is "updating" the help pages and whoever is/was responsible for making the pages searchable. Particularly when some twit changes a Help page to remove or reword something, so that a search word is no longer included... or when it's a short or long description of the page (rather than the content of the page) which is searchable so that eBayers using ordinary search terms just come up with nothing in the Help page's search field... well, it's a mess. Has anyone in eBay's IT department even run updated rules in MySQL lately? Is there any liaison between 'reworders' and IT?

As a result of those issues, some of the the Help pages and Policy pages are cumbersome, impenetrable and almost hermetic... but you'll still need to read them. Start off by reading every single policy linked from this page, and every single Help page linked from this page.

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 47
Latest reply

Glad you got your account sorted. Most aren't that lucky. Also glad to see you got rid of the watermarked photos. Something else I'd suggest is, increase your handling time to AT LEAST 3 days (mine handling time is 5 days), but still post same or next day. I am in rural NSW and if I bought one of your phone cases today, it's telling me I will receive it Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know that even with express post, it's unlikely to happen. I am reasonable, and I don't take a lot of notice of the ETA's in ads, but some are **bleep** about it and if it's not there by Wednesday, they are opening a dispute for non arrival.

Fattening out the handling time buys you time and fattens out the ETA. Instead of me getting disputes opened against me, I get messages saying how happy they are that the item arrived before the first ETA date.

I believe that you are still really keen to go ahead with this. Hang around the forums and get whatever help you need. We've all been there, done that, got the t-shirt, but made lots of mistakes in the early days. By asking here, you may be able to avoid some of those mistakes.

As I said yesterday, for goodness sakes, increase your prices! In the case of your cleaning gel, maybe add to the description on how to use it, and how long it lasts for before having to be thrown out.

Message 30 of 47
Latest reply

@prime.gadgets wrote:

Thanks for the advice:-)

Since I'm new, I'm still testing everything on eBay. Can you give me any advice if you have experience in shipping items on a regular 1$ post?

Does Australia Post strict about their 5mm thickness. Do they really measure that at the post office or do they just take eye measurements?

As others have said, you can't post for $1. The best you can hope for is the phone case in a padded bag for $2. There is a seller on eBay that sells bulk padded bags of all sizes at really cheap prices. They are good quality.

With the cleaning stuff is $8.65-$8.95 depending on where you are posting to is what it's going to cost you, plus packaging.

My PO will look at a padded bag and if it looks iffy, they'll put it through the gauge. It has to slip through the gauge, not be pulled through. Some of my stuff will get away with a $1 stamp, but most are $2. If I'm not sure, I ask them to put it through the slot and add an extra stamp if needs be.

I made my own letter gauge to ensure mine don't go over 20mm. Once they go over 20mm, they are parcel rate. As Dave said, some thick cardboard, a ruler and Stanley knife. I actually made mine 19mm just to play it safe. 

Even if your phone cases come in at under 5mm, I still wouldn't post them in a regular envelope. If you do, they will go through the automatic mail sorter and get crushed. Being in a padded bag, they are hand sorted. They go as a large letter. Under 5mm at $1, between 5mm and 20mm, $2 if they are under 125g, including the packaging.

I can see you've added photos to the description of the cleaning gel. You need to make them a bit smaller because they go off the edge of the page. It could be hard for app users to see them. As time goes on, more and more people are using the app, so you have to make sure they get the most out of your ads. If it's too hard to look at, they go back and find someone else.

With your new ad for the shockproof iPhone covers, one of the photos in the description didn't take. It looks like an expired website address or something. I think it's the first picture. You also need to alter one sentence in your description. You have written, "you will definitely buy another cover from us when you see how thick and protective our iPhone cover". You probably should change it to ".........how thick and protective our iPhone covers are".

I like how you have an introductory offer giving an end date. It could be a good incentive for people to buy. I don't have an iPhone, otherwise I'd probably buy one!

Message 42 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Once you are suspended it is pretty much game over.   It is almost impossible to get your account reinstated.

Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

@prime.gadgets wrote:

This ebay account I created on eBay.com. Now I'm in Australia and want to start selling on eBay.com.au. Even though my ebay account is 10 yers old and has good reputation as a buyer I only got 10 items per month limit or 5000 US dollars. 

Even I change my account location to Australia, my account limit value still shows in US dollars. So I tried creating a new account in ebay.com.au. For that new account, I received 100 item limit and 500 Australian dollar limit. As I wanted higher item limit than dollar value, I prefer this new account.

After I list a few items in my new Australian Ebay account, one buyer bought an item from me. After within 05 min of the purchase, I received an email saying my account is suspended. The email I reived had no exact reason mentioned for the suspension. 

here is some part of that letter.

After reviewing your eBay account, we've noted several concerns with your recent activity. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

While suspended, you won't be able to use eBay. Registering a new account may hinder any option to appeal to your account. If you would like to appeal this action, we need to verify your account information and your eBay activity directly with you.

01) I wonder why the account suspended as soon as someone purchased. The buyer was a new account opened in 2018 with one review. Did eBay suspect I use my own account to make the purchase?

02) I have used some photos send by my Alibaba supplier. They gave permission for that. Is this against eBay policy?

03) Can I continue to sell in Australia from my old account which was created on eBay.com? Or should I create a new account in eBay.com,au.   The selling limit is very lower in my old account than they allow in new Australian accounts. Even my account shows limit in US dollars.

Thanks. 

eBay have ways of knowing all accounts you are associated with.  Without getting into the nitty gritty, they will know if a newly registered account is associated with your current accounts.

So, opening a new account WOULD BE A BAD IDEA, especially since the email stated so.

I know you had high hopes of making it as a seller on eBay, but all advice you have received has tended towards warning that selling can be hard work.

Welcome to the world of eBay selling.  I truly hope you get through this and make a go of it.

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

It may be a temporary suspension because of the web addresses in the pictures. Ebay don't want to lose sales to other sites so anything that looks like you're trying to get sales off ebay will incur their wrath. They don't know the web address in the pictures isn't yours.

Your only hope is to ring them. Click on Help and go from there.

DO NOT start another account or list on ANY account until you get this resolved. They've already told you not to register a new account but you still persist in ignoring their advice. Once any account is suspended it applies to all accounts you have, and often anyone else who uses the same computer.

It doesn't matter where you opened your account. If your primary address is now Australia you can list using that ID.
Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

also . . . I think everyone’s limits are quoted in US$.

I know my selling activity total is in US$ and I have always been registered on eBay.au and have never sold internationally or on any other eBay site or in any other currency.

834CB8DB-93A5-4B9E-9ACC-7E7641DC9F65.jpeg

I also think that if one account of yours is suspended then ALL of your accounts are suspended.

You need to talk to someone from eBay to get this sorted.  countess has posted how to get eBay to call you on numerous posts, so looking through her posting history will be beneficial to you.

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

Selling limits are shown in AU dollars for my other account that I rarely use.
Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

???

What am I missing?

2 items stil listed.

No sold items.

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

started a new account and got suspended after selling one item.

“So I tried creating a new account in ebay.com.au. For that new account, I received 100 item limit and 500 Australian dollar limit. As I wanted higher item limit than dollar value, I prefer this new account.

After I list a few items in my new Australian Ebay account, one buyer bought an item from me”

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

But the OP account is registered in Australia.

Shouldn't they all be suspended?

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

He has removed the photos with the alibaba watermarks.

At this rate he will have a snowballs chance in h*ll of ever having his accounts reinstated.

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply