An Effort to Alert Buyers

The problem is getting the message across to buyers.

They do not 'attend' these forums.

I am adding a message - with the understanding - most buyers do not read - to each & every one of my listings.

I am lost for another solution..

In each package sent I include a flyer with info on the  item etc will be adding this to the flyer.

Just alerting one buyer is an improvement on the current situation.

I am asking all for improvements to my message - any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

IMPORTANT: INFO FOR BUYERS

We as Buyers are having a decimating impact on Australian Sellers

The newly introduced 'defect' system ie: the Detailed Seller Rating Stars are now a great part of the Feedback System.

These ratings if not an honest reflection of a sale will see your favourite Australian Sellers disappear from eBay.

A score of 3 & below become a 'defect' & be aware these ratings are no longer anonymous & could cause a block from the seller.

When purchasing do as you would do if in a store.

Do not just go by the 'pic' read the description - all you need to know is usually there.

This will help you if your item is not as described & save a lot of time & effort in having to return the item usually at your expense.

Ask a question - before buying - communication is not only expected from the seller.

Consider the postage costs & time - if the postage seems too high or the time stated for posting does not suit you - do not buy.

Sellers do not control the postal system anymore than they control the weather.

Consider the Seller's previous Feedback - always a good indication of the experience of others.

Keep in mind purchases from China are cheap but expensive to return with proof of posting for PayPal protection.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: An Effort to Alert Buyers

bene308
Community Member
If I received this I would not buy from you again. A buyer should be able to buy what they want from where they want with no judgement.
Message 71 of 73
Latest reply

I agree you can not ask buyers to buy local.

My only beef with buyers are those that go to negative or dispute without contacting a seller to give them the opportunity to rectify any issues - I always send a Tax Invoice with a printed message -

Thank you for purchasing from XXXXX - in the unlikely event that you are not 100% satisfied with this item, please contact me immediately so I can rectify any problems as soon as possible.  Thank you blah blah,

In saying that, I offer warranty's as I am a registered distributor, so any faulty item costs me nothing other than the additional replacement postage so long as I can provide my supplier with photo proof of fault etc.

Message 72 of 73
Latest reply

I love when I get a message from a seller that says enjoy your item, etc there is normally something that says along the lines of what u said with if anything is wrong contact me which I think buyers would be more likely to do with a nice little note.
Message 73 of 73
Latest reply