April Sales

Just wondering how everyones sales are going for April. March was not pretty for us, ( sales ended the month 40 % below average )  but April has seen a lot more consistant sales and a large increase in general customer enquiries. Still slightly fragile but looking much better. I spoke to a surveyer on the weekend and he has been flat out since the Federal election, having to work an extra day each week on commercial subdivisions and housing starts. Just went to order a garage and the salesman said the same thing. A huge turnaround in enquiry from very poor a couple of months ago to flat out. Are things starting to pick back up a bit and can politics have that much effect on peoples confidence and the overall picture. ???

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

April Sales

what ebay should be doing instead of looking for ways to get extra fees.

scrape listing fees altogether. i cant justify paying $3.50 listing fee then 9.9% on fvf.

ebay makes more profit for there part than i make supplying shipping and putting up with non payers.

with out free listings i would not bother wasting my time for the few pennys i make.

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

My sales SUCK the big one ! lol. Feb was reasonably good, March a disaster and this month not looking good either. The only sales I have had are to the USA & UK none domestically. I cant explain it. Its just the ebay rollercoaster I guess. I have learnt to roll with the punches.

It does sting when I have Autumn & Winter stock arriving, and paid for.

I will keep everything crossed that it picks up. 🙂

Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

won't that make you walk funny?

(I did like the Navy patent MB's BTW LOL - my size?)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

@diamond-halo wrote:

won't that make you walk funny?

(I did like the Navy patent MB's BTW LOL - my size?)

hahaha yes I have the  MBs relisted and yes they are your size. (The other red ones will fit you too lol.)

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

My sales have dropped by half each month since December.  I don;t understand what has happened!! Could someone enlighten me please.  I offer BIN BO. What has EBay done to cause this as prior to December I had a steady flow of sales and now not many buyers are actually even viewing my listings. 

Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

Even the few auctions we list (when we get the freebies) when they bubble to the top of the search list as they near the end are getting very few views & watchers. Certainly the success rate is way down too.

This suggests that there are less buyers around to view & buy.

So we are thinking its not something that we or ebay may have done wrong or not done to cause this.

See my earlier post above re our Chinese distributor. Seems like global sales are down across the board.

Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

A small ray of hope. Yesteraday I had my best day for the year, selling more in the day than I had for any total week last month. Another encouraging thing was that all sales where from Australia, where the international sales % has been very high lately. Lets just hope it wasnt just an apparician.

Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

Now that is a strange coincidence.

Like you we also had our best day yesterday since about end of Feb.

We mailed out 18 packages yesterday.

When we are going well its normally around 25.

What do you make of such a coincidence?

Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

Very strange Clarry. Perhaps ebay have sorted out some of the Gremlins with overseas buyers versus local ?  Today has been solid too, so starting to feel a bit more confident.

Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

Hope your trend is the actual one as I have had one sale in threeand a half weeks.

Message 20 of 36
Latest reply