April Sales

Just wondering how everyones sales are going for April. March was not pretty for us, ( sales ended the month 40 % below average )  but April has seen a lot more consistant sales and a large increase in general customer enquiries. Still slightly fragile but looking much better. I spoke to a surveyer on the weekend and he has been flat out since the Federal election, having to work an extra day each week on commercial subdivisions and housing starts. Just went to order a garage and the salesman said the same thing. A huge turnaround in enquiry from very poor a couple of months ago to flat out. Are things starting to pick back up a bit and can politics have that much effect on peoples confidence and the overall picture. ???

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

April Sales

Things seemed to get back to normal about the middle of last week. Nothing spectacular, but steady.

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

@haolove13 wrote:

Hope your trend is the actual one as I have had one sale in threeand a half weeks.

Sorry to hear it. You have some interesting items, especially the Meribah railway sign. That was part of my stamping ground in my late teens & early twenties. Your sign brought back some happy memories of a few very legendary weekends at some of those small Mallee towns. Probably the best was playing a new years eve band show on the front verandah of the Wanbi hotel. The main highway runs through the town in front of the pub and the punters where using the highway as the dance floor. There where still a few B double trucks & general traffic passing through, so it was a entertaining watching the punters clear the road everytime they passed. Ahh! Happy days.

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

Yeah today has been reasonable. 10 to pack. So if we get another 10 tomorrow that will be 20 for the weekend. Barely OK I guess.

But then again weekends are typically quieter than weekdays in our particular category. Well for us anyway.

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

Anonymous
Not applicable
im the same as davewil. My sales have picked up the last couple of weeks after a slow period of the month prior
Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

my sales are non existent...

Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

My sales on this ID have picked up this past week because of the free auctions !!!!!!

Once again proves to me that Auction format works best for my market on a store ID with no free auctions 😞
Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

My sales have been down across three platforms ebay, gumtree and quicksales no one's buying!

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

Hi

I started selling last March and have been slowly trying to build my business.  I haven't set the world on fire but enough to keep me encouraged to continue trying.  This month, so far, has been the worst.  My last sale was on March 31st.  I opened a store last week to enable me to consistently list more items rather than waiting for free offers from Ebay.  I am familiarising myself with what's available to me within the store package and hope that I can promote my store and gain more visibility.  

Let's hope we all experience an up swing in sales soon Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

I don't have a store, only list a few items each month. Not only are things not selling, but I have noticed there are many fewer views. I think this could be the result of the new, bigger gallery pics. You can see at a glance what something looks like and don't need to see a bigger pic.  A few things have sold on relist. Watchers does not seem to give any indication of whether something wll sell, either.

Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

April Sales

It may also be that the items being sold have reached saturation. hence the drop in sales.

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply